The Next Generation Social Sciences Post Doctoral Writing Fellowship application portal for 2023 is now open.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) provides up to 3,000 US dollars in stipends for successful candidates.
About Next Generation Social Sciences Post-Doctoral Writing Fellowship
The Social Science Research Council provides fellowships for students doing a doctorate degree in social science. They are looking to promote the next generation of social science research in African countries.
Students from African countries such as; Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda are eligible for this fellowship.
Dissertations on peace, security, and development are supported by the fellowship.
The writing fellowship sponsors up to 6 months of completing either an article or a book manuscript with a stipend of up to 3000 US dollars.
This fellowship provides successful candidates with enough time to focus completely on either finishing the article for a peer-reviewed journal or completing the manuscript based on the approved Next Generation dissertation topic.
The fellowship program is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Type of Scholarship: Fellowship
The fellowship offers the following benefit;
- They provide support with stipends of up to 3000 US dollars.
- They give beneficiaries the opportunity to spend enough time finishing their articles or manuscripts.
The fellowship focuses on peace, security and development topics to help renew research agendas and strengthen interdisciplinary social science research.
It encourages innovative research on the approved next-generation topics by exploring concrete linkages between the topics.
The fellowship encourages project topics that explore elements of governance, civil society, peacebuilding, human rights, the root causes of conflicts, insecurities and other advanced topics in the social science field.
Eligibility for Next Generation Social Sciences Post-Doctoral Writing Fellowship
Candidates must meet up with the following criteria;
- They must be citizens of a sub-Saharan African country
- Possess a doctorate degree from an accredited university in any sub-Saharan African country.
- Must be a recipient of at least one Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Dissertation fellowship
- Must be ready to take at least three-month leave away from routine teaching and administrative duties in their current role
- Must be affiliated with an academic department in any sub-Saharan African country.
How to Apply for Next Generation Social Sciences Post-Doctoral Writing Fellowship
Applicants are to follow these steps to apply for the Post-doctoral writing fellowship;
- Submit clear and concise descriptions of their writing projects and their relevance to the continent.
- The application should show the project activities and how feasible they are.
- The application should also include the project time frame.
- Candidates must be willing to attend one workshop by the SSRC each year.
All applications should be submitted using the online application portal.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
African students looking to further their studies but have limited finances should make good use of this opportunity.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship was created to help African students fulfil their dreams of furthering their studies.
Application for this scholarship will be closing soon; share with your friends in other countries looking for an opportunity to further their studies.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment