Consul members of the Oregon Consular Corps (OCC) are committed to improved relations, communications, understanding, and trade between nations, peoples, and regions of the world.
Oregon public universities are poorly funded and fewer young people in Oregon have the opportunity to pursue their educational and career dreams. Oregon Consular Corps members remember their own educational dreams and objectives and want more students in Oregon to have the opportunity to build a better world and better lives for themselves and for others.
About Portland State University
Portland State University (PSU) is a public, nonprofit, coeducational research university located in the southwest University District of downtown Portland, Oregon, United States.
Originally founded in 1946 as a post-secondary educational institution for World War II veterans, it evolved into a four-year college over the following two decades and was granted university status in 1969.
Portland State University Masters Scholarship
- Type: Masters
- Organization: Portland State University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study: Portland State University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of Portland State University Masters Scholarship
Each year, the Oregon Consular Corps awards $3000 to two PSU students majoring in International & Global Studies.
Requirements for Portland State University Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Must be a US citizen, legal resident, or international student on student visa
- completed a minimum of 8 credit hours INTL core coursework
- Declared International & Global Studies major
- Junior class standing or above (90+ credits) in good academic standing
- Maintain full-time status (12 credits per term) during the 2022/2023 academic year (fall, winter, and spring)
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Note: Past recipients of the scholarship are not eligible to apply again
How to Apply
- Download and fill out the OCC application form
- A current resume/CV
- A copy of your unofficial PSU transcript
- Two letters of reference: At least one letter should be from a PSU faculty member or advisor with specific knowledge of your international study, international-related work experience, volunteer experience, or school work. Please ask for your reference letters to be emailed directly to us at email@example.com.
Application form, resume/CV, and unofficial PSU transcript must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Please send all three attachments in one email.