The application form sales for the post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening processes at Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU), for the 2023/2024 academic sessions have officially begun.
The JAMB UTME and Direct Entry (DE) applicants who submitted applications for admission in the academic session 2023 have been informed in a formal notice by the university administration.
Particularly, the dates for the online post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening exercises are Wednesday, August 30, 2023, through Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for PLASU Post UTME Screening Exercise
The screening exercise is targeted at the following groups of candidates:
Candidates who made Plateau State University, Bokkos, their first school choice, had a JAMB UTME score of 170 or higher.
Candidates who made Plateau State University, Bokkos, their first school choice, had a JAMB UTME score of at least 160. Candidates with any of the following qualifications:
- Higher National Diplomas (HND).
- National Diplomas (ND) (at least Lower Credit).
- IJMB (with a minimum of 7 points) made Plateau State University their top choice in the 2023 JAMB Direct Entry applications.
Guidelines for Applying for PLASU Post UTME
Online Application Procedure
- The screening exercise will be performed online. To apply, candidates must adhere to the following steps:
- Navigate to the University Portal: Visit PLASU’s application portal.
- Select the Relevant Application Form: Click “UTME/DE APPLICATION” from the menu options.
- JAMB Verification: Input your JAMB Registration Number to verify your details.
- Email and Password: Enter a valid email address and a secure password, and confirm the password.
- Email Confirmation: A confirmation link will be dispatched to your email address. Click on this link to log in and continue the application process.
Payment and Further Steps
- Generate RRR Number: Click the “Click to make payment” button, and a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) will be generated.
- Payment Method: For card payment, click “Proceed To Payment”. Copy the R number and proceed to any nearby bank for cash payment.
- Screening Fee: Pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00).
- Upload Documents: Upload a recent passport photograph (maximum file size of 150kb, file types allowed: png, jpg, jpeg).
- Academic Records: Submit your best five O-Level subjects and grades as specified in the JAMB brochure for PLASU.
Direct Entry Screening Payment and Registration
The procedure for Direct Entry candidates is similar to the above, with the additional step of filling in academic qualifications.
False Information and Prosecution
It is pivotal to note that candidates offered provisional admission based on false information will face deregistration and potential legal ramifications.
Beware of Fraudsters
Both candidates and the general public must exercise caution to avoid falling prey to fraudsters claiming to offer university admissions.
All aspiring candidates must strictly comply with the procedures laid out for the Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening Exercises.
Grab this golden opportunity to join the esteemed Plateau State University. Your academic future beckons!
Please share this article with your friends.