The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Accredited Universities and Colleges in United States or Canada
Levels/Fields of study:
Masters or PhD Programme in any field of study offered at accredited Universities.
Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarships are given as GRANTS-IN-AID and are not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. The maximum scholarship amount for one (1) year of study is $12,500, based upon need. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual need.
A recipient in graduate school is eligible to apply for one (1) renewal of her scholarship. She may receive scholarship assistance for no more than two (2)years.
• The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
• In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
• Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
• International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
• A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
Applications are currently closed.
Eligibility must be established before application material is sent to applicants. The eligibility information is available at the official website at any time but the completed form will be accepted electronically in the IPS office only between 15 September -15 December 2021 for 2022-23 studies.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.peointernational.org/about-peo-international-peace-scholarship-ips