This article is designed to students who wish to study Science Laboratory Technology Faculty of Sciences in Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY) Higher National Diploma (HND) as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in Osun state polytechnic, to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
Osun State Polytechnic, Iree also known as OSPOLY is a tertiary learning institution in Iree, Osun State, Nigeria. The Polytechnic was formerly a satellite campus of The Polytechnic, Ibadan. It became autonomous on 12 October 1992 when the Governor of Osun State, Alhaji, Isiaka Adeleke, signed the law establishing the institution alongside The Osun State College of Technology located at Esa-Oke in Osun State. Osun State Polytechnic Iree also has Daily Part Time Program (DPT) which is located at Koko campus.
RECOMMENDED: List of courses offered in OSPOLY
To study Science Laboratory Technology, candidates must meet the following requirements.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Science Laboratory Technology;
You require; Mathematics and two subjects from:
Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science,
And two other subjects from Technical Drawing,
Metal or Wood Work, Basic Electricity,
and Fine Art.
At least a credit pass in each of the three basic sciences – Biology,
Physics and a credit pass English Language is compulsory.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Science Laboratory Technology under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Any three of Mathematics,
Biology/Agricultural Science or Physics
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Science Laboratory Technology, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; 1) KWARAPOLY requires Credit Passes in English Language, Mathematics and two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and a pass in one of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It accepts Credit Passes in Leather Training, Leather Goods Manufacture and Building/Engineering Drawing.
2) KAD-POLY requires five SSCE credit pass which must include Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Sci, Physics and Chemistry. It accepts any three of Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics or Chemistry as UTME subjects.
3) ABIAPOLY and BIDAPOLY require Physics/Chemistry as the third subject
4) AKWAIBOMPOLY accepts credit in any other subject as the 4th credit.
5) YABATECH requires at least five credit passes at not more two sittings as follows:
i) English Language
iii) Any two credit passes from Biology, Chemistry and Physics and at least a pass in third.
iv) Any other subjects, apart from the tonal languages (Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, etc) CRS and Islamic Studies. Also requires Mathematics and any one of the Physics, Chemistry or Biology as UTME Subject.
6) IBADANPOLY requires credits in Mathematics and the three core science subjects-Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Also accepts Chemistry as UTME subject.
7) AKANUPOLY and FIDEIPOLY require five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Agricultural Science, Chemistry and Physics. It also accepts any three of Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Biology/Agricultural Science as UTME subject
8) ILAROPOLY requires five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science at not more than two sittings. Accepts Chemistry as UTME subject.
9) MAPA does not accept Economics and Geography as Science subjects. Candidates must have a pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science at O/Level.
10) IMT-ENU requires a pass in Chem., Phy., Biology/Agricultural Science and the course is offered as Science Technology.
11) FEDPOFFA accepts Chemistry as UTME subject and also requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology as course requirement.
12) LASPOTECH requires at least a pass in Physics.
13) EDEPOLY accepts Agric Science in lieu of Biology.
14) RUGIPO requires credit passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and any other relevant subject. A pass in English Language and Physics is compulsory.
15) NILEST requires four O/L credit passes or more or its equivalent which must include Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology and at least a pass in English Language at not more than two sittings
16) PLAPOLY requires O/L credit in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any one from Physics, Biology/Agric. Sci.
17) OZORO requires candidates with pass in Physics but with credit passes in Technical Drawing or Metal or Wood Work may be considered.
18) RUGIPO requires a pass in English Language and Physics.
19) NEKEDEPOLY requires five credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and any one from Economics/Geography, English Language, Literature in English, Government/History and Technical Drawing. Accepts Chemistry as one of the UTME subjects.
(a) accept Candidates who have successfully completed NBTE recognized Pre-National Diploma (Science and Technology) at not less than credit level course may be admitted into the programme.
(b) do not accept the combination of two different examination bodies at SSCE O’ level (it is either NECO – NECO or WAEC – WAEC).
21) RIVPOLY accepts any three of Mathematics, Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science and Chemistry as UTME subjects.
22) BAUCHIPOLY accepts Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
23) NUBAPOLY accepts Chemistry as UTME subject combination.
24) OSUNPOLY requires credit passes in two basic Sciences, Geography, Economics/Commerce.
25) OYSCAI and AUCHI POLY require credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
26) IMO-POLY requires a credit pass in English Language and at least a pass in each of the three basic sciences: Biology, chemistry and Physics is Compulsory.
27) MAPOLY requires five credits in not more than two sittings to include in Mathematics and any two of the core science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science with a minimum of pass in the third and English language.
28) HUSSAINIPOLY requires credit passes in Chemistry instead Mathematics as a core subject.
29) IGBAJOPOLY requires five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Agric Science, Chemistry and Physics. . It also accepts Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and Physics, as UTME subjects.
30) TOPS accepts Chemistry as UTME subject.
All candidates interested in getting admitted to the Osun State Polytechnic, Iree for the 2019/2020 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 120 or above in your JAMB result.