Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU cut-off mark is the least score a prospective student must have in jamb before he/she is qualified to take part in the university post-utme screening exercise.
OOU, located in Ago- Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria is a state-owned university.
It was founded on July 7 1982 as Ogun state university (OSU) and was renamed Olabisi Onabanjo University on May 29, 2001.
It was done in honor of the chief (Dr.) Olabisi Onabanjo whose efforts as the then governor of the state gave birth to the university.
Did u choose OOU as your preferred choice of institution during the jamb application process? If your answer is yes, this post is for you.
You should know that there are two different types of OOU cut-off marks
- OOU general cut off mark
- OOU departmental cut off mark
OOU General Cut-Off Mark
The general cut-off mark for OOU 2021/2022 academic session is 160.
This implies that before you are qualified to write their post-ume screening examinations, you are expected to have at least 160 in your jamb score or above.
Due to OOU’s competitive nature, It is highly advisable to score higher than the required cut-off mark because it increases your chance of getting admission into the university.
OOU Departmental Cut-Off Mark
The departmental cut-off marks for each course are different.
The average score needed to get admission into the English Department may not be the same score needed to get admission into the mass communication department.
The departmental score is usually set by its management
OOU is known to favor first-choice candidates over second-choice candidates, same with indigene over non-indigene.
Here is a List of OOU Departmental Cut-Off Mark
- FACULTY OF PHARMACY CUT OFF MARK
- MEDICINE CUT OFF MARK
- FACULTY OF LAW CUT OFF MARK
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CUT OFF MARK
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING CUT OFF MARK
- ARCHITECTURE CUT OFF MARK
Non indigene -48
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING CUT OFF MARK
- FINE AND APPLIED ARTS CUT OFF MARK
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING CUT OFF MARK
None Indigene- 60.5
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CUT OFF MARK
- ACCOUNTING CUT OFF MARK
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CUT OFF MARK
Non Indigene- 55
- PHILOSOPHY CUT OFF MARK
- DIPLOMATIC STUDIES CUT OFF MARK
- PERFORMING ARTS CUT OFF MARK
- BANKING AND FINANCE CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 54
YORUBA CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 50
- TRANSPORT PlANNING AND MANAGEMENT CUT OFF MARK
- ECONOMICS CUT OFF MARK
- MASS COMMUNICATION CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 57
- PHYSIOLOGY CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 62
- GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PlANNING CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 46
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION CUT OFF MARK
- INDUSTRIAL AND LABOUR RELATION CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 55
- POLITICAL SCIENCE CUT OFF MARK
Non- indigene- 56
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION EDUCATION CUT OFF MARK
Non- indigene 40
- POLITICAL SCIENCE EDUCATION CUT OFF MARK
Non- indigene – 40
- PHYSICS CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 40
- INDUSTRIAL RELATION CUT OFF MARK
Non- Indigene- 40
Olabisi Onabanjo Screening Process
Olabisi onabanjo screening comes in two phases
The first one is for applicants writing the post-ume examinations,
The major documents required for this screening exercise are jamb registration printout, jamb result, and SSCE result.
Applicants are advised to go to their post-screening venue early to avoid any sort of delay.
The second phase starts when you have been fully admitted into the university .you will be required to submit the following documents for proper registration.
- Original copies and photocopies of your qualifications.
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of identification/ local government of origin
- Attestation letter
OOU Direct Entry Cut-Off Mark
The direct entry cut off mark is the same as the general cut off mark, however, direct entry candidates are expected to have
- OND, HND, NCE, A LEVEL, JUPEB.
- Certificate of first degree
- Candidates with diploma from other approved universities with a minimum of upper credit who had applied through jamb into the university.
Post-Utme Mode of Registration
- Visit www.putme.ooouagoiwoye.edu.ng/apply.php
- Create a profile through the school portal
- Generate payment invoice
- Complete registration and print out your post-ume screening pass
screening time and venue will be communicated to all candidates in due course.
How to Calculate Your Aggregate Score
Knowing how to calculate your aggregate score can help you work towards your ideal score.
To calculate your aggregate score, you should
- divide your jamb score by 8
- divide your post ume score by 2
- Add up the result
How many questions is OOU Post-Utme?
It is 50 questions. These questions are a mixture of English language, current affairs and any other 3 subjects related to your course
Does OOU accept the Second Choice?
Yes, OOU accepts the second choice as long as you meet other requirements
How much is OOU Post –Utme Form?
It is 2000 naira.
Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
The post-ume past questions is there to guide on how to prepare for the screening exercise. It will help boost your aggregate score.
Always make sure you have the correct and updated documents for an easy registration process.
For further questions, you can reach out on
+234 805 972 4082