This is to inform the general public and all Nigerian Students that the application form for the New Zealand Full Tertiary Scholarship(NZFTS) 2019/2020 is now available for citizens of developing countries.
This is an opportunity for those who wishes to study or further his/her education abroad. This also assists after acquiring the technical-know-how(by theoretical and practical analysis) in the development of their various countries. Future applicants should do well to go through the objectives and apply if eligible.
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2019.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2020/2021.
- IBM Great Minds Student Internship 2019.
New Zealand Full Tertiary Scholarships Qualification Types
New Zealand Development Scholarships are available for the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate Certificate (6 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma (1 year)
- Master’s Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (3 – 4 years)
New Zealand Full Tertiary Scholarships Eligibility
Applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply for the New Zealand Scholarships:
Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
New Zealand Full Tertiary Scholarships Benefits
Our scholarships provide the following financial support:
- full tuition fees
- living allowance (stipend) – NZ$480 per week. This is a contribution to basic living expenses
- an establishment allowance – NZ$3000. This is a contribution to assist with set up costs in New Zealand – for example it can be used towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- medical and travel insurance
- travel to and from your home country – this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship, and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship. Note that we offer our scholarships for the shortest amount of time needed for you to complete the academic programme.
- home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
How to Apply for New Zealand Full Tertiary Scholarships
Online applications are for the following scholarship types:
Make sure you are fully prepared before you begin your online application:
- Complete all the steps in the Getting Started section (see above)
- Make sure you read the Application Guidance – especially the section about Online applications.
We still find that many applications we get are low-quality and show that the applicant has not read the essential information and guidance on this website.
The online application process has four steps, all completed on an online application site (external link). The site will explain each step in more detail.
Step one: Confirm your eligibility
Complete the Online Eligibility Test. This will give you a number that you will need when you register (step three).
Step two: Create a Real Me login
This will give you a login and password that you will use through the application process.
Step three: Register with New Zealand Scholarships online
This creates your application account, and means you will be set up to complete an application.
Step four: Complete your application
This step will only become available when applications formally opens. Check application dates.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship we encourage you to do all the things under ‘Getting started‘before applications open. There is a lot you should do before you begin your application.