Following the announcement by the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) administration board, we would like to inform everyone that the 2023 NOUN Admission Requirement for 2023/2024 has been released.
This article covers the NOUN Admission Requirement and Procedure in full detail. Keep reading!
NOUN Admission Requirement for 100 Level Students (Undergraduate Program)
Enrolling in NOUN’s Admission Requirement for 100 Level Students requires certain procedures. They are as follows;
- Candidates must have at least Five credits in subjects related to the intended field(s) of study from the SSCE, GCE O’ Level, NECO, or NABTEB, or equivalents, earned at no more than two (2) sittings.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programs, which be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry-level on the Faculty’s admission page.
- For admission to an undergraduate program, candidates should have had a minimum of 5 O-level credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
- To apply for a program, select the Faculty, choose the program, and choose entry-level.
- Before submitting, fill in all the necessary detail.
- On successfully submitting, candidates will be redirected to Remita to get a RRR invoice. This invoice will be used to effect payment for the application form.
- Candidates who made their payment using an RRR created during the previous semester or earlier must start the application procedure up until the point at which they are forwarded to remita.
- When users click Continue after making a payment, they should enter the freshly generated UniqueID and the previous RRR used for payment.
- After successful payment, an online application form is generated and must be filled out before being submitted online.
NOUN Admission Requirement for Direct Entry Students
Enrolling in NOUN’s Admission Requirement for direct entry students requires certain procedures. They are as follows;
- A national diploma issued by reputable organizations.
- Minimum of one merit and two passes on the Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in the subject(s) related to the proposed program of study, except the Early Childhood and Primary Education Program.
- Candidates should possess Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) or International Baccalaureates with at least two “A” level papers in pertinent subjects and the necessary number of “O” level credit passes.
- Candidates for admission to the School of Law must have a minimum second class (lower) degree from an accredited university with at least five credits, including English Language, Literature in English, and a pass in Mathematics at no more than two sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE ‘O’ level only, or a passing grade in those subjects in not more than two sittings.
NOUN Admission Requirement for Postgraduate Programs
- A candidate must complete all matriculation requirements of a University and have at least five (5) credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics, to be admitted into any of the University’s postgraduate programs. Certain programs require a passing grade in mathematics.
- Candidates for postgraduate diploma programs must have an HND with at least a Lower Credit or a passable Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a university recognized by the NOUN Senate.
- Candidates for master’s degree programs must have either a bachelor’s degree with a least second-class standing in the area of study from a university recognized by the NOUN Senate. However, individuals with a lower classification and at least two years of relevant post-qualification experience, a postgraduate degree from an accredited university in a related field of study, or a higher national diploma with at least Upper Credit in the pertinent field of study may be given consideration. Candidates for the Master of Business (MBA) program must have membership certificates from the appropriate professional bodies.
- Candidates for the Doctor of Philosophy degree programs must hold a master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study.
For more information about NOUN Admission requirements not discussed here, visit the University website.
NOUN Aspirants are urged to follow all established procedures mentioned in this article when seeking admission to the University.
We hope this article was helpful to all NOUN aspirants and candidates. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or need more clarification about the NOUN Admission Requirements.
We wish you Success in your Academic journey.