The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) and the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Okerenkoko Delta State are now accepting applications from suitably qualified individuals for admission into the 2023/2024 academic session of the following jointly administered programmes:
- Maritime Security and Safety (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.);
- Maritime Dispute Management and Resolution (Certificate Course);
- Maritime Risks Analysis and Disaster Management (Certificate Course, PGD);
- Maritime Entrepreneurship (Certificate Course);
- Maritime Transport Technology (Certificate Course, PGD/M.Sc., Ph.D.);
- Transportation Management (PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.);
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- Shipping and Maritime Operations (Certificate course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- Safety Management System (Certificate Course).
Study centers include the NDA Kaduna, NMU Delta State, and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, with an optional Full-time, Part-time, or Online study mode and a hybrid of these.
- Post Graduate Certificate (PG Certificate) – 8 Months
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – 16 Months
- MA/MSC – 24 Months
- Ph.D. – 48 Months
With academic activities which will commence in November, all programs run devoid of industrial actions such as ASUU STRIKE, just as some programs will entail excursions/practical classes that will hold at the NDA, NMU, the Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron, and the Regional Maritime University Ghana.
- To qualify for any of the advertised certificate courses, candidates must have five (5) credit passes at the O/Level or its equivalent. Cognate work experience with relevant professional
- Certificates may be accepted; To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes may accept at least a pass in Mathematics;
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of Third Class (Honours) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a university recognized by the Senate of the NDA/NMU OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. Equivalent and relevant professional certificates may also be accepted with continuous more than two (2) years’ work experience;
- For Master’s degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in relevant fields of study from a recognized University in or from outside Nigeria. However, holders of lower classifications OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related fields of study from a recognized University may be accepted. An equivalent of relevant professional certificates and more than four (4) years of continuous work experience is an advantage and may be accepted;
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes, candidates must possess a master’s degree in relevant fields of study from a university with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 5-point scale.
Those with lower CGPA with continuous work experience and professional certificates may be accepted;
- All applications are made online, together with the submission of scanned copies of credentials;
- All certificates shall be uploaded when filling out the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate, Exemption Certificate, Military Service Record, and Paramilitary Service Record (as applicable) should be presented;
- To apply for a programme, carefully read through all instructions.
- Click on the Apply button on the school website: www.nmu.edu.ng
- Fill in the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- Electronic payment of N21,000.00 (twenty-one thousand naira) only is a mandatory application fee for all programs.
Successful applicants will be contacted via electronic mail.
For inquiries, please reach Mercy at 09080877733, 08035443720, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you, however, to keep tabs on us for more updates.
We hope this information has proved helpful. Share this article with your friends and follow us for more updates on schools in Nigeria.