The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian ICT Students. The aim of the scholarship scheme is to promote proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters Levels. It also strives to provide opportunities for Nigerian youths to achieve their dreams especially in the area of ICT.
Furthermore, the scholarship scheme is taken in Nigeria does NOT apply to foreign universities. It only applies to candidates who are willing to study in any of the higher institutions or universities in Nigeria which could be either federal, state or private.
Scholarship Number: About 80 scholarship opportunities are up for grabs. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at the doctorate level.
Duration: The Master’s programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
For the Candidate to be eligible for NITDA Scholarship Scheme, he/she must fulfil the following requirements.
- Students must be a citizen of Nigeria
- must be willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria.
- PhD Candidates: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- Masters Candidates: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (BSc) in Information Technology related field.
- A comprehensive Aptitude Test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Short listed.
- The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 States and FCT for MSc.
Note: The NITDA Scholarship Scheme is only available for students who are citizens and residents of Nigeria.
Below are more scholarships you might like:
The value of the scholarship includes a full tuition fee waiver and other expenses paid.
You can begin the application by clicking on Online Application
Application deadline: The registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication. So, the deadline is 6 weeks after the opening date 21st November which is 2nd January 2022