The authorities of the Nile University of Nigeria (NUN) have released the conditions to be eligible for the available scholarships and discounts in the 2022/2023 academic session.
Nile University of Nigeria Scholarship Conditions
Applicants to undergraduate programs may be offered scholarships subject to their JAMB and WAEC results as announced by the Board of Trustees of the Nile University of Nigeria (“NILE”).
For the 2022/2023 Academic Session, scholarships would be offered based on the following criteria:
|Jamb Scores||Discount (%)|
|WAEC Scores||Discount (%)|
- *All Undergraduate Programs EXCEPT Law & Medicine
- 320 above + 6 A1 will be offered a 100% scholarship
- *NOTE: WAEC/JAMB results should be the present year’s result
- Students with outstanding performance in sports at the national or professional level will get up to 100% scholarship if they participate in the NILE team.
Guidelines on Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Undergraduate applicants will only be allowed to use either of JAMB or WASSCE results for the above-referenced scholarships. WASSCE/JAMB results must be for the current year.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs with both JAMB scores of 320 and above + WASSCE of 6 A’s would be offered 100% scholarships.
- Recipients of undergraduate scholarships must maintain a minimum average CGPA of 3.50 in order to retain their scholarships for the subsequent session.
- Recipients of scholarships must not be involved in any act of misconduct or contravene NILE’s regulations.
- Scholarships are limited to quotas as determined by the management of NILE and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- NILE reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship offered should the need arise.
- First-class graduates of NILE (undergraduate programs) will be eligible for a 50% scholarship (excluding Ph.D.).
- NILE graduates (undergraduate programs) with degrees other than first class will be eligible for a 20% scholarship (excluding Ph.D.). Postgraduate alumni of NILE (applicants who hold a postgraduate degree from NILE) returning for another postgraduate degree at NILE are eligible for a 20% scholarship
Nile University of Nigeria Discounts Conditions
1. Parents will get the following SIBLING discount if they have more than one child in NILE.
- 2 children – 5%
- 3 children – 10%
- 4 children – 15%
- 5 children and above – 20%
- Siblings must share a common biological parent.
- The discount will apply to each NEW sibling and be valid for the normal duration of the studies.
2. Institutions sponsoring applicants to NILE Postgraduate programs will be offered INSTITUTION discounts as follows for the students who joined this session only:
- 5– 10 = 10%
- 10 – 20 = 15%
- 20 and above = 20%
Board of trustees discounts & scholarships
The Board of Trustees of NILE considers other applications for discounts and scholarships based on the merit of each submission and other discretionary criteria.
These discounts or scholarships are subject to quotas as defined by the Board of Trustees. For the 2022/2023 academic session, some of the established criteria are:
- The best graduating students of NILE per faculty in the preceding academic session (2021/2022) would receive a 100% scholarship to pursue any postgraduate degree of their choice at NILE while the 2nd and 3rd best graduating students will receive 50% discounts.
- These offers will be valid for up to 1 year after the completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program.
APPLICANTS CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR DISCOUNTS OR SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER MORE THAN ONE CRITERIA.
WHERE APPLICANTS ARE ELIGIBLE UNDER MULTIPLE CONDITIONS, APPLICANTS MUST APPLY UNDER THE OPTION THAT OFFERS THE HIGHEST DISCOUNT OR SCHOLARSHIP. THERE SHALL BE NO SUBSTITUTES THEREAFTER.
DISCOUNTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS DO NOT APPLY TO HOSTEL FEES