Software engineering is known for evaluating user needs and designing, developing, and testing software applications that meet those requirements.
There are many definitions of software engineering.
- According to the IEEE standard 610.12-1990, software engineering uses a computer-based, systematic, disciplined approach to creating, using, and maintaining software.
- Fritz Bauer described it as “the establishment and utilization of conventional engineering ideas.” It enables you to acquire dependable and effective software on actual devices affordably.
- According to Boehm, software engineering is the “creative design and construction of computer programs through the practical application of scientific knowledge.” It also contains related paperwork for creating, running, and maintaining them.
The following is the list of universities that offer Software Engineering as a course:
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- American University Of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa State.
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State.
- Nile University Of Nigeria.
WAEC Subject Combination (requirements) for Software Engineering
The subjects needed to study Software Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credits.
This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE. The O-level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Software Engineering must include the following:
- English Language
- Three other Science subjects
- A trade subject
UTME Subject Combination (requirements) for Software Engineering
JAMB is not the only option for admission. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) to study Software Engineering are:
- Choose any from Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Geography.
Direct Entry Requirement (required A-level result) To Study Software Engineering
- General Certificate Examination Advanced Level (GCE A’ Level) holders with a minimum of 9 points plus ‘O’ Level English and Mathematics.
- OND with a minimum credit pass; or graduates of recognized related programs may be considered for direct entry.
- ‘A’ level passes ND/NCE at credit/merit levels and HND (lower credit) in relevant fields.
Software engineering is crucial since specialized software is required in every organization, industry, and function.
To all Students aspiring to study Software Engineering, we hope this article was helpful to you. We at RealMina wish you all good luck in your academic journey.