The use of engineering ideas and problem-solving methods in the design, manufacture, and marketing of anything is known as mechanical engineering.
Mechanical engineers use the principles of motion, energy, and force to examine their work and ensure that designs operate cost-effectively while being safe, effective, and reliable.
This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Mechanical Engineering in Nigeria
List of Universities that offer Mechanical Engineering as a course
The following are the list of universities that offer Mechanical Engineering as a course:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Bayero University, Kano
- Baze University, Fct, Abuja
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliro
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Madonna University, Okija
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt
- University Of Abuja,Abuja
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- University Of Uyo
FUTO offers this course with options in:
- Air conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering Tech.
- Automotive Engineering Tech.
- Industrial and Prod. Engr. Tech.
- Aeronautical Eng. Technology
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Mechanical Engineering under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in the above Universities include;
Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
(i) OOU requires three (3) of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Mechanical Engineering;
You require; Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, and any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Mechanical Engineering if you don’t intend to use UTME.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- ND upper credit, NCE technical, and HND in Mech. Engineering.
enormous opportunities are waiting for students of mechanical engineering. They have excellent employment opportunities.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in studying mechanical engineering.
Your academic success is still in RealMina’s best interests.