Linguistics is concerned with the nature of language and communication. It deals with the study of particular languages and the search for general properties common to all languages or large groups of languages.
In this article, we will share The subject combinations needed to study Linguistics & Nigerian Languages, JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements, O’Level Subjects Requirements, and other information you require to gain admission to study Linguistics & Nigerian Languages successfully.
List of Universities that offer Linguistics And Nigeria Language as a course
This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Linguistics & Nigerian Languages in Nigeria as a course:
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- Bayero University (BUK)
- Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebony otate University, Abakaliki (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko (EPU)
- Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ikwo (AE-FUNAI)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Fountain University, Osogbo (FUO)
- University of Ibadan (UD)
- Igbinedion University, Okada (UO)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (MSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Kwara State University, orin (KWASU)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (AU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OU)
- Usmanu Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
OAU : Offers this course with options in;
- B.A. (Hons.) Degree in Linguistics
- B.A. (Combined Honours) Degree in Linguistics and English Language
- B.A. (Hons) Degree in Linguistics and Yoruba (Combined)
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Linguistics and African Languages under the Faculty of Arts & Humanities in the above Universities include;
Igbo and two (2) subjects from Arts and Social Sciences.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Linguistics and African Languages; You require;
Five (5) SSCE credit passes to include Igbo, English Language, and any other Arts subject.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
OAU requires five (5)’O’ level credit passes in English Language, one (1) Arts subject, and three (3) other subjects from Sciences, Social Sciences, or Arts.
This article lists Nigerian universities Offering Linguistics & Nigerian Languages and the requirements needed to study this course.
And more so the different schools or institutions’ requirements.
A degree in this course will give you great insight into Language.