This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Electronic Engineering in Nigeria.
In this article, we will share The subject combinations needed to study Electronics Engineering, JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements, O’Level Subjects Requirements, and other information you require to gain admission to study Electronic Engineering successfully.
List of Universities that offer Electrical/Electronics Engineering as a course
The following is the list of universities that offer Electrical/Electronics Engineering as a course:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Baze University, Fct, Abuja
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Madonna University, Okija
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- University Of Uyo
FUTO offers this course with options in:
- Electronics/Computer Engineering Tech.
- Power System Engineering Tech.
- Communication Engineering Tech.
- Acoustic Engineering Tech.
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in the above Universities include;
Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- NTNU – Same as in Computer Engineering.
- OOU requires any three (3) of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering;
You require; Five SSCE credit passes to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, and any other Science subject.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
(i) BELLS same as in Computer Engineering.
(ii) COOU and ESUTECH accept ‘O’ level pass in English.
(iii) COVENANT requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Further Mathematics, Biology, or Technical Drawing.
(iv) FED-OYE EKITI – Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
(v) UNAAB requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
(vi) FUTA requires at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry at NOT more than two (2) sittings.
(vii) FUTO – Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
(viii) UI and FUAM – Same as Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
(ix) UNIJOS – Same as Civil Engineering.
(x) UNILAG – Same as in Chemical Engineering.
(xi) MAUTY requires Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Technical Drawing/ Further Mathematics/ Geography/ Electrical installation and Maintenance Work/GSM maintenance/ Computer Studies and IT/ Basic Electricity/Electronics.
(xii) NDU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other subject at not more than two (2) sittings.
(xiii) NTNU accepts;
(a) English Language, Mathematics, and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two (2) Science subjects.
(b) ‘O’ level credit pass in Geography as the fifth Science subject.
(xiv) OSUSTECH requires an ‘O’ level credit pass in Further Mathematics.
(xv) UNN – Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
(xvi) UYO – As in Computer Engineering.
(xvii) NDA requires one other Science/Technical subject from Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Biology, Geography, Electronic Engineering, and Basic Electricity
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
(i) ABUAD and CRUTECH – same as in Civil Engineering
(ii) BAUCHI, AAU, and LAUTECH do not accept D7 in English Language
(iii) BELLS same as in Computer Engineering.
(iv) UNIBEN and UNILAG – Same as in Chemical Engineering
(v) COOU accepts ND/HND/lower credit in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
(vi) EKSU accepts ND upper credit in Electrical Engineering and HND lower credit in Electrical Engineering.
(vii) ESUTECH and BAUCHI accept ND/HND in relevant programs with UTME requirements.
(viii) FED-OYE EKITI – Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
(ix) UNAAB accepts `A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or equivalents. Accepts ND upper credit in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant programs.
(x) FUTA accepts ND upper credit or equivalent professional qualification in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in any related programs or ‘A’ level passes or equivalents in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
(xi) FUTO requires at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below C in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry. Accepts ND/HND upper credit in Engineering. Candidates must in addition, meet UTME requirements. Does not accept first degree or NCE\IBADAN – As in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
(xii) UNIILORIN – Same as Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. Relevant Programmes include Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Technology, Telecommunications or Communication Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering.
(xiii) UNIJOS requires ‘A’ level or IJMB passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. It also accepts ND (credit level) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or closely related programs from recognized institutions. Accepts ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics.
(xiv) LAUTECH accepts
a) ‘A’ level passes in Pure Mathematics, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Chemistry.
b) ND/HND Upper credit in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus UTME requirements.
(xv) MAUTECH accepts;
a) GCE `A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
b) ND upper credit in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
c) HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
(xvi) NDA requires the other Science subject from Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Biology and Geography.
(xvii) NDU, MAKURDI and UNAAB – Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
(xviii) NTNU and UYO – Same as in Computer Engineering.
(xix) OAU accepts ND/HND upper credit.
(xx) UNIPORT and NDU – No Direct Entry.
(xxi) MOUA and OOU accept ND/HND into appropriate levels plus the UTME requirements.
(xxii) UNIOSUN accepts ND lower credit in Electrical/Electronics.
(xxiii) UNIZIK accepts first degrees in relevant programs
(xxiv) UNN – Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
Electronics engineering continues to be the most sought course to study in Nigerian universities.
We believe that this article will be helpful to all students who want to major in electronics engineering.
We at RealMina continue to wish you success in your academic endeavors.