This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Physics in Nigeria.
We will also talk about;
– The subject combinations needed to study Physics
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Physics
Education and Physics can be studied under the Education in the following Nigerian Universities;
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Education and Physics, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; 1. Two ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
2. NCE with credit/merit in relevant subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNILAG accepts:
(a) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: Physics, Chemistry and any one of Biology or Mathematics.
(b) Two A/Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
(c) NCE with credit/merit in Physics and one of Biology, Mathematics and Chemistry and O/Level requirements. LAGOS does not accept Geography.
2. RSUST requires any Science subject as the 3rd subject.
3. UNICAL – accepts ND from recognised institutions.
4. FUTMINNA accepts NCE (merit), ND/HND (lower credit) in addition to four relevant UTME subjects into 200 and 300 levels respectively.
5. UNIUYO accepts candidates without A/Level or NCE Mathematics but must take remedial in the subject in year I.
6. FUTMINNA requires Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
7. OAU accepts two ‘A’ level credit passes in Physics and any other Science subject or NCE with credit/merit passes in relevant teaching subjects’ combinations including Physics. Candidates holding NCE in Auto-mechanic are also eligible
8. LASU accepts NCE (Tech) with merit pass in relevant field.
9. UNIJOS accepts NCE General English
10. BSU accepts NCE at merit level.
11. BUK accepts NCE (merit) in PHE with any two Science subjects.
12. EKSU accepts General English at NCE in lieu of ‘O’ level credit in English language.
13. UNIBEN accepts 2/3 merit passes in NCE including Physics plus 3 O/L credit passes in Physics, Mathematics and English Language at one sitting.
14. BASU accepts NCE (pass with at least 5 years teaching experience).
15. UMYU requires A/Level pass in Physics and Mathematics. Accepts a minimum of credit or merit in NCE.
16. TASUED accepts Two ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Mathematics, NCE with at least merit passes in two core related subject with Upper Credit.
*ND/HND with upper credit in Physics Electronics.
17. FUAM requires:
a) Two A’ level passes in Physics and Biology, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing or Geology.
b) accepts ND (Upper Credit) in Relevant fields in addition to UTME requirement