This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Economics in Nigeria. The subject combinations needed to study Economics, JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements, O’Level Subjects and Requirements, and other information you require to gain admission to study Economics successfully.
List Of Universities
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- -Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- University of Benin, Ugbowo
- Delta State University, Abraka
- University of Lagos, Akoka
- University of Port-Harcourt, Choba
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- -Covenant University, Ota
- -American University of Nigeria, Yola
- -Bayero University, Kano
- University of Jos, Jos
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Economics under the Faculty of Administration in the above Universities include;
Economics, Mathematics, Government, History, Geography, and Literature in English, French, and CRS/IS.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Economics;
You require; Five (5) SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks:
- AUN does not offer admissions direct to 200-level programs.
- AUN accepts
- a) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature in English, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and French.
- b) ND/HND
- c) IGCSE and ‘A’ level Cambridge
- AUN does not accept credit passes in the following; Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Home Economics, Home Craft, Home Management, Physical Education, Physical and Health Education, Music, Commerce, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Book Keeping, Islamic Studies, History, Religious Studies, Tajweed, Library Studies, Diction, Kiswahili, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Arabic, Turkish, Study Skills and may transfer credits relevant to its major at the discretion of the Dean of school.
- ABSU requires five (5) O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any two (2) subjects
- MCPHERSON and PLASU – Same as in Accountancy.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Economics if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and any one (1) in Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Business Management, History, and Government.
We hope this article clarifies the list of Nigerian Universities Offering Economics, irrespective of the program you want to enroll in.
We will be sure to update this article if there are any amendments by the school authority.
We wish you luck in your academic pursuit.