Are you considering studying Chemistry at a Nigerian University? If so, then this list is for you. It’s quite a task finding the list of Universities that offer Chemistry as a course, especially when it’s a particular field of study. So we’ve compiled this list to make it easier for you.
Whether you want to study Pharmaceutical chemistry, Analytical, Inorganic or whatever your interest is, there is a university in Nigeria willing to accept you. Here’s the list of universities offering Chemistry in each institution.
List of Universities that offer Industrial Chemistry as a course
The following is the list of universities that offer Industrial Chemistry as a course:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Achievers University Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Madonna University, Okija
- Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University , Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Chemistry under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks:
- IMSU accepts a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
- ABU accepts P.7 in English Language for candidates who show special ability in Mathematics and Physics
- UNICAL requires a credit pass in Physics /Mathematics. UNICAL accepts P. 7 in English and one in Mathematics or Biology.
- BSU requires a credit pass in Mathematics.
- UNILORIN requires Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics or Biology for UNILORIN.
- OAU and AAU accept any other subject instead of Biology.
- UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings, including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and BiologyODFREY and KUST require five ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and any other Science subject.
- ADELEKE and UNIBEN accept Agricultural Science instead of Biology.
- AJAYI accepts Geography instead of Physics.
- UNIUYO requires a credit pass in English Language
- UMYU requires at least five O/Level credits at not more than two sittings, including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- ) LAUTECH requires Passes at Credit level to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- CRESCENT accepts credit passes in Agric. Science instead of Biology.
- UNIPORT requires Mathematics and does not accept Biology.
- TNU accepts English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any other two Science subjects. (xxi) GOUU same as in Biological Sciences.
- MOUAU requires five SSCE credit passes in not more than two sittings, including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and any other relevant Science subject.
- KSU and REDEEMER’S require Five O’ Level credit passes, including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology/Agricultural Science.
- FUAM accepts credit passes in either Geography or Statistics in lieu of Biology.
- WESTERN-DEL requires five SSCE credit passes which must include Chemistry, English Language, Physics, Mathematics, and either Biology or Agriculture.
- NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
- KSU and UNN Accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- KWASU requires credit passes from English Language, Mathematics and any three of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, and Agricultural Science.
- NDA requires the fifth subject from Physics, Agricultural Science, Geography, or Health Science.
- FUTMINNA requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any other two subjects from Physics, Biology, Further Mathematics, geography, and Technical Drawing.
- FED-DUTSE accepts ND, HND, NCE, IJMB in addition to 5 O/level Credit passes in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics/Physics
FUTO Offers the course with options in :
(i) Industrial Chemistry
(ii) Pure Chemistry
(iii) Mineral Processing
JABU Offers the course with options in:
(i) Industrial and Pure Chemistry
NTNU Offers the course with options in:
(i) Petroleum and Petrochemical Concentration
EKSU Offers the course as Pure Chemistry.
UDUSOK Offers the course as Chemistry and Applied Chemistry.
NSUK Offers the course with options in:
(i) Pure Chemistry
(ii) Industrial Chemistry
we hope The article provides information about universities that offer chemistry courses across the country.