This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Chemistry Engineering in Nigeria.
We will also talk about;
– The subject combinations needed to study Chemistry Engineering
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Chemistry Engineering
List of Universities that Offer Chemistry Engineering as a Course
The following are the list of universities that offer Chemical Engineering as a course:
Number of Universities: 27
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering
The subjects needed to study Chemical Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Chemical Engineering must include:
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
What is Chemical Engineering all about Why must you study this course Well, Chemical Engineering deals with the design and maintenance of chemical plants and the development of chemical processes for converting raw materials or chemicals into valuable forms. It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products. This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology, mineral processing, pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, petroleum refining plants etc. Now let’s break it down…
- Chemical Engineers are concerned with the designing, supervision, construction, installation and operation of plants and equipments for manufacturing chemical products
- Chemical Technologists deal with the production of substances with new properties which require new methods of production in the fields of petroleum refining & fertilizer technology.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes, recycling metals, glass and plastics, cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.
- Chemical Engineers involves in the research and development activities in the Bio-Tech firms to find out new drugs.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Chemical Engineering
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) to study Chemical Engineering are
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Chemical Engineering
‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Chemical Engineering, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Chemical Engineering
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar