Welding & Fabrication Technology is a value-added process in which machines, parts, and buildings are made from various raw materials.
This welding and fabrication craft certificate course teaches students how to join, weld, cut, or mould materials using one or more fabrication and welding procedures.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Welding And Fabrication Technology as a course:
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Petroleum Training Institute, Delta State (PTI)
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
- English Language
- Physics or Chemistry
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Welding and Fabrication Technology include the following:
- Chemistry and any two subjects from:
- Biology/ Agricultural Science
- Technical Drawing
- Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity
- Auto Mechanics
- Metal Work
- Further Mathematics
- Economics/ Commerce.
- At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
Welding and fabrication are lucrative trades that can lead to a rewarding and profitable career.
A welding job is ideal for people who prefer being active and working with their hands. Welder fabricators create components for use in real-world applications. These parts can be found in household appliances, automobiles, planes, heavy machinery, furniture, and toys.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in Welding & Fabrication Technology. Your academic success is still in RealMina’s best interests.