A major in social development offers theory and methods that can be applied professionally and practically to help people reduce poverty, encourage social and economic enterprise, and promote youth development and social integration.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Social Development as a course:
- Adamawa State Poly, Yola
- College Of Administrative And Business Studies, Potiskum, Yobe State
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Shehu Idris College Of Health Sciences And Technology, Makarfi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- English Language
- Economics/Geography and any other subject.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Social Development include Five SSCE credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Surveying And Geo-informatics if you intend to use something other than UTME. You require;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in any subject.
Special Consideration/Waiver For Social Development
- RAMATPOYL accepts a pass in Mathematics.
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi, five O/L Credits in English Language and any two from CRK/IRK, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Government/History, Biology, and Health Science.
- Kano State Polytechnic accepts a Certificate in Social Welfare or Community Development of Kano State Polytechnic plus five relevant credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Economics, Accounts, Government/History, Biology, Agric. Science, Geography, Commerce.
- College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP) accepts Certificate Courses of the College or any recognized institution OR any other qualification recognized by the College Academic Board.
- SHEHU IDRIS accepts credit passes in Home Management/Home Economics and Religious Studies.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) also accepts three other credit passes from Civic Education, Tourism, Office Practice, Information and Communication Technology, Data Processing, Basic Electricity, Islamic Religious Studies, Christian Religious Knowledge, and Health Science.
Graduates frequently work in support roles, child and youth counseling, early childhood education, and other fields. They frequently work in schools, youth mentoring organizations, counseling centers, hospitals, and government agencies.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in pursuing a degree in Social Development. RealMina continues to wish you academic success.