Undergraduates majoring in this program learn the skills required to manage government organizations. The course teaches them how to communicate effectively, lead effectively, and solve problems in the public sector.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Public Administration as a course:
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology (ACHTECH)
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State. )
- Auchi Polytechnic
- College of Administrative and Business Studies, Yobe State (CABSP)
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Global Polytechnic, Ondo State
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic, Edo State
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOTEC)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology (Poly) Enugu State
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Sure Foundation Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
Those who wish to apply for Public Administration are to apply for the following courses as their UTME subject combinations during Jamb registration.
- English Language
- Economics and any other subject
This subject combination also applies to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination (O’level requirement) for Public Administration must include the following:
- English Language
- Mathematics and any three subjects from the following:
- Business Methods
- Principles of Accounts
- Literature in English
- Office Practice
- Biology/Agricultural Science
Courses in Public Administration can lead to various career opportunities for graduates.
Students who take a Public Administration course gain access to an in-depth analysis of government policy, which can then be applied to various industries and professions.
As a result, this coursework provides a solid foundation for pursuing various exciting and intellectually challenging opportunities worldwide.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in pursuing a degree in Public Administration. RealMina continues to wish you academic success.