Office and Management as a course aim to give students secretarial and office skills for work in various sectors of endeavor, entrepreneurship, and career growth.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Office Technology And Management as a course:
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Adamawa State Poly, Yola
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Afikpo
- Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot-Osurua
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Benue State Poly, Ugbokolo
- College Of Administrative And Business Studies, Potiskum, Yobe State
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari-Garam Road, FCT-Abuja
- Fed. Poly. Offa
- Fed. Polytechnic, Bali
- Fed. Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Fed. Polytechnic, Bida
- Fed. Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ede
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ida
- Fed. Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda
- Fed. Polytechnic, Mubi
- Fed. Polytechnic, Nassarawa
- Fed. Polytechnic, Nekede
- Fed. Polytechnic, Oko
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Uka
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Inst. Of Mgt. And Tech, Enugu
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State
- Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria
- Our Saviour Inst. Of Sci And Tech (Poly) Enugu, Enugu State
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- Rivers State Poly, Bori
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa, Oyo State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Yaba College Of Tech, Yaba
- English Language and any three of the following:
- Principles of Accounts
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Office Technology And Management include the following:
- English Language
- Mathematics and any three subjects from the following:
- Business Methods
- Principles of Accounts
- Literature in English
- Office Practice
- Agricultural Science
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Office Technology And Management in the below Polytechnics:
- NUBAPOLY, GIWAPOLY, and AKWAIBOMPOLY do not insist on a pass in Mathematics or a Science Subject.
- IBADANPOLY requires a pass in Mathematics and accepts Economics/Commerce. Also accepts NABTEB certificates in Shorthand, Typewriting, English Language, and two other subjects at least two sittings.
- IDAHO does not accept any other language apart from English, but a credit pass in Mathematics is compulsory.
- MAPOLY requires four credits at one sitting or 5 credits at two sitting.
- NEKEDEPOLY requires a credit pass in English Language, a Science subject, and any three from Economics, Business Methods, literature in English, Commerce, History, Government, Statistics, Geography, CRS, Principle of Accounts/Accounting, Office Practice/Secretarial Duties, Typewriting and Information Communication Technology, Mathematics or any language. At least a pass in Mathematics is compulsory.
- GIWAPOLY does not insist on credit in History or a pass in science subject as a course requirement.
- YABATECH and FIDEIPOLY require credit passes in English Language and four (4) subjects from the course requirement column at no more than 2 sittings.
- OZORO requires at least a pass in Mathematics.
- KAD-POLY does not accept any Language other than Eng. Lang. for Secretarial Studies. It does not require a pass in Mathematics and a Science subject as course requirements. It accepts Islamic Studies as an optional UTME subject.
- EDEPOLY accepts CRS/Islamic Studies as course requirements.
- NEKEDEPOLY does not insist on a pass in a Science subject.
- KWARAPOLY accepts a Credit Pass in Secretarial Duties.
- COABS accepts Certificate Courses from the College or any recognized institution OR any other qualification recognized by the College Academic Board.
14) MUBIPOLY accepts a pass in Mathematics and does not accept CRS/IRS as either a course requirement or a UTME subject.
15) AKANUPOLY requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and one Science subject. There must be five credits in one sitting or seven credits in NOT more than two sittings; in any of Economics, Government, CRK, Commerce, Office Practice, Accounts, Geography, Shorthand, or Typewriting.
16) OSUNPOLY accepts CRS/IRS, Yoruba, at credit level.
17) BALIPOLY accepts any social science subject as a UTME subject. Go to Course FacultyGo to other Faculties
The program aims to provide students with secretarial abilities to work in various industries. Students in this program are exposed to both courses in general education and courses in their areas of specialization.
Students majoring in Office Technology & Management also gain effective work competencies and socio-psychological work abilities, which are crucial for interacting with people daily.
We believe all students who desire to major in office technology & management will find this article useful. RealMina is still wishing you luck as you pursue your academic goals.