A marine engineer is in charge of all significant mechanical and engineered equipment on a ship, as well as its operation, maintenance, and repair.
They receive training to mount a variety of vessels, including cargo ships and fishing trawlers, in both local and international waters.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Marine Engineering Technology as a course:
- Federal College Of Fisheries And Marine Technology, Victoria Island Lagos
- Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
- Yaba College Of Tech, Yaba
- English Language
Five SSCE credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, and one Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/HND (Upper credit) at appropriate levels.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
NDU accepts the following:
- At least three (3) ‘A’ level passes or equivalents in Physics, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, and Chemistry and five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, Admission should be to 200 level of study in a five (5) year degree program.
- ND/HND upper credit and above in the relevant programs from an approved Polytechnic or related institution. ND holders shall be admitted to the 200 level or study in a five (5) year degree program, while HND holders shall be admitted to the 300 level. In addition to the above, candidates must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
A career in Marine Engineering will avail Students with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including large and small vessels, as well as offshore platforms and equipment.
We trust that this material will be beneficial to any students interested in majoring in Marine Engineering Technology. RealMina continues to wish you academic success.