Local Government Studies is a study of social service delivery with specific examples such as housing, education, and health.
Local Government Studies aims to provide a highly specialized program in Local Government Administration/Management in the public sector.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Local Government Studies as a course:
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Bayelsa Polytechnic
- College Of Administrative And Business Studies, Potiskum, Yobe State
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia
- Niger State Poly, Zungeru
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
- English Language
- Economics and any other subject.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Local Government And Development Studies include the following:
Five (5) SSCE credit passes, including English Language, Government or History, Economics, and any other two (2) subjects, and at least a pass in Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Local Government And Development Studies if you intend to use something other than UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes, one (1) must include Government or History.
For those interested in public service, a career in local government is an excellent choice. Public service is frequently about giving rather than receiving and putting the collective good ahead of individual needs.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in pursuing a degree in Local Government Studies. RealMina continues to wish you academic success.