Leather Technology is a branch of engineering concerned with synthesizing, producing, and refining leather for efficient use.
It also discusses the synthesis of synthetic leather and its effective application in the production of commercial goods. It is a relatively new branch that is gaining prominence in the industrial sector.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Polymer Technology as a course:
- Nigerian Institute Of Leather Technology And Science Technology
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
- English Language and any three of the subjects below:
- Biology/Agricultural Science
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Leather Technology include the following:
- Biology/Agricultural Science and two others from:
- Fine Art
- Technical Drawing
- Book Keeping
- Basic Electricity
- Nigerian Language
- Plus, a minimum of a credit pass grade in English Language.
Leather Technology Courses have recently emerged as a profitable career option. Because this is a skilled job, experienced professionals can work in both the technical and management fields for good and high salaries.
Any students considering majoring in Leather Technology will certainly find this article helpful. RealMina is still wishing you good luck in school.