As a research-oriented field, a diverse range of Food Science & Technology courses have now emerged and are being offered by universities and polytechnics worldwide.
This program prepares students for diverse domains such as hospitals, catering establishments, restaurants, and food processing companies.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Food Technology as a course:
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Afikpo
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Fed. Poly. Offa
- Fed. Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ede
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ida
- Fed. Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda
- Fed. Polytechnic, Mubi
- Fed. Polytechnic, Nekede
- Fed. Polytechnic, Oko
- Fed. Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal College Of Agricultural Produce Technology
- Federal College Of Freshwater Fisheries Technology, New Bussa
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Inst. Of Mgt. And Tech, Enugu
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu
- Moshood Abiola Poly, Abeokuta
- Our Saviour Inst. Of Sci And Tech (Poly) Enugu, Enugu State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Yaba College Of Tech, Yaba
- Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
Those who wish to apply for Food Science & Technology are to apply for the following courses as their UTME subject combinations during Jamb registration.
- English Language
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Food Technology include the following:
Five SSCE credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, and any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Food Science & Technology if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require:
- ‘A’ level passes in two of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- ND/HND (upper credit) in relevant fields
A career in the food industry will always be in demand for one simple reason: we all need to eat! And if you want a steady, well-paying job in the food industry, a Food Science & technology degree can help you get there.
We believe this article will be useful to any students considering a career in Food Science & Technology. Your academic success is still in RealMina’s best interests.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment