Fisheries Technology Program is a hands-on agricultural course that focuses on developing students’ management skills in fish processing, production, and other aquacultural practices.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Fisheries Technology as a course:
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Akperan Orshi College Of Agriculture, Yandev
- Bauchi State College Of Agriculture, Bauchi
- Binyaminu Usman College Of Agriculture, Hadijia
- College Of Agriculture, Bauchi
- College Of Agriculture, Lafia
- Crown Polytechnics, Odo Ado-Ekiti
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Fed. Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal College Of Agriculture, Ishiagu
- Federal College Of Animal Health And Production Technology, Ibadan
- Federal College Of Animal Health And Production Technology, Vom
- Federal College Of Fisheries And Marine Technology, Victoria Island Lagos
- Federal College Of Freshwater Fisheries Technology, Baga
- Federal College Of Freshwater Fisheries Technology, New Bussa
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Owerri
- Lagos State Poly, Ikorodu
- Oyo State College Of Agriculture, Igboora
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo
- Yobe State College Of Agriculture, Gujba
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
Those who wish to apply for Fishery Technology are to apply for the following courses as their UTME subject combinations during Jamb registration.
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science, and any other Science subject
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Fisheries Technology include the following:
- Five SSCE credit passes in Biology/Agric Science
- English plus any other Science subject
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Fisheries Technology if you intend to use something other than UTME. You require;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science, Geography, Mathematics, (Pure & Applied) Physics, Geology, and Economics.
- NCE (Agriculture)
There are numerous opportunities in fisheries and aquaculture, including general aquaculture, fish nutrition, aquarium management, post-harvest technology, seafood importation and exportation, other value chains such as by-products, and many more.
We believe this article will be useful to any students considering a career in Fisheries Technology. Your academic success is still in RealMina’s best interests.