Fine art & Design is the creation and study of visual art. It educates and prepares students to become artists and engage in other practices related to art creation. The curriculum is centred on the potential and imagination of each student individually.
The program focuses on developing students’ skills as artists, creative thinkers, designers, and problem solvers.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Fine Art as a course
- Auchi Polytechnic (AG-POLY)
- Benue State Polytechnic (BEN-POLY)
- Federal Polytechnic Ilaro (FEDPO-ILA)
- Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (FEDPO-NAS)
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede (FEDPO-NEK)
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko (FEDPO-OKO)
- The Polytechnic Ibadan (IBD-POLY)
- Institute of Management and Technology (IMT-ENU)
- Kano State Polytechnic (KAN-POLY)
- Kogi State Polytechnic (KOGI-POLY)
- Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
- Ogun State Polytechnic (OGUN-POLY), Formerly Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Ogwashi-Ukwu Polytechnic (OGWASHIUKU)
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Technology (OSUNTECH), Esa-Oke, Osun State
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic (RUGIPO), Owo, Ondo State
- Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), Lagos
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa (TIPE), Oyo State
Subject Combination/UTME Requirements
Those who wish to apply for Fine Art & Design will apply for the following courses as their UTME subject combinations during Jamb registration.
- English Language
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts or Social Science subjects
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Art & Design
This subject combination applies to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination (O’level requirement) for Art and Design must include the following:
- English Language
- Fine Art
- Mathematics and any two of the following:
- Chemistry/Physical Science
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Literature in English
- Clothing and Textiles
- Religious Knowledge
- Home Economics
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Fine Arts & Design if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.ND, upper credit
- HND, lower credit from recognized institutions.
Fine arts can help you land the best, highest-paying jobs depending on your skill set. Aside from the fact that graduates can enter any profession, there is also a wide range of occupations available to them.
Photography, fashion design, illustration, teaching, and television production are all options.
We believe this article will be useful to any students considering a career in Fine Arts. Your academic success is still in RealMina’s best interests.