Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering is the engineering discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing.
Here is the list of Polytechnics in Nigeria offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology:
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Oyo State
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Subject Combination/UTME Requirement
UTME subject combination to study Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology must include the following:
- Physics/Technical Drawing,
- any Science subjects.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering should include the following:
- English Language,
- Physics and any two of the following: Biology/Agricultural Science
- Technical Drawing
- Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity
- Auto Mechanics
- Metal Work
- Further Mathematics
- Food and Nutrition
Agricultural engineers typically work in offices but may spend time at a variety of worksites, both indoors and outdoors.
Some agricultural engineers occasionally work in laboratories to test the quality of processing equipment. They may work onsite when they supervise livestock facility upgrades or water resource management projects.
Agricultural & Bio-Environmental Engineering is a truly good course to study. For all students wishing to major in Agricultural & Bio-Environmental Engineering, We at RealMina wish you success in your academic pursuits.