Mineral Resource Engineering focuses on the technical, environmental, and economic aspects of mineral resource extraction and processing.
The program is supplemented by studies in reservoir engineering, offshore drilling, and oil and gas production.
The following is the list of polytechnics that offer Mineral Resources Engineering Technology as a course:
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- English Language
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Mining Engineering include the following:
Five SSCE credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, and any other Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Mining Engineering if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- ‘A’ level passes in any two of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- ND (upper credit) in Mining Engr./ Mineral Resources and Geological Study in addition to ‘O’ level requirement
Engineers who major in Mineral Resource Engineering are prepared for careers in advanced mine design and planning, rock mechanics, ground control, processing procedures, and drilling engineering.
We believe this article will benefit any students interested in pursuing a degree in Mineral Resources Engineering Technology. RealMina continues to wish you academic success.