This is to inform the general public of the 2023 Nigeria NLNG Limited Prize for Science Awards.
The Nigeria Prize for Science is a Nigerian science award given annually since 2004 for excellence in scientific breakthroughs.
It is the country’s highest scientific award. The award is sponsored by Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas company.
The prize is “bringing Nigerian scientists to public attention and celebrating excellence in scientific breakthroughs.”
Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria. This annual prize for science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG).
To recognize outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the year’s theme.
The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).
Entries are invited for:
The Nigeria Prize for Science 2023
The 2023 competition theme is Climate Change: Erosion, Drought, and Desertification.
Entries are therefore invited from researchers for work that contribute to dealing with issues arising from Climate Change, especially Erosion, Drought, and Desertification -especially from the Nigerian perspective.
- Entries, including the supporting documents, must be submitted in six (6) copies, for hard copies.
- The submission for consideration must be original and indicate the specific area of merit, and all submissions must relate to that area.
- The submission for the award must be submitted within the time stipulated.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and /or provided an innovative solution to Climate Change.
- The award is open to all Nigerian and non-Nigerians involved in applying science to proffer a novel solution to remediate the impact of Climate Change, especially Erosion, Drought, and Desertification.
- These works can be cumulative, covering all of these areas or specific to any topics listed.
- Applicants must complete and submit their entries online with an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website or by clicking the Application Form Download Link Below.
- Hard copy submissions are also acceptable but must be accompanied by a printed copy of the completed application form.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- Members of the Advisory Board, Panel of Judges, or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their service and the following year.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- No entry previously submitted for this competition may be considered at a later date.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- As the intention is to recognize the most relevant and effective solution to specific Nigerian problems, collaboration works by Iwo or more persons are also welcome.
Panel of Judges
- A panel of judges shall be appointed for the Nigeria Prize for Science by the Advisory Board.
- As far as possible, the appointment of judges shall reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme. Persons appointed as judges have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image, and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The decision of the process shall be final.
- Professor Alfrend A.Susu, FAS, NNOM – Chairman
- Professor Barth Nnaji, FAS, CON, NNOM – member
- Dr.(Mrs) Nike Akande, CON – member
- Professor Michael Adikwu, FAS – member
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Entries (containing the filled Application Form) to the following address:
Nigeria Prize for Science,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Intel’s Aba Road Estate,
Km 16, Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway,
P.M.B 5660, Port Harcourt,
The Nigeria Prize for Science,
External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited,4th floor, Heron House,
10 Dean Farrar Street,
London, SW1H ODX.
Click Here to Download the Application Form (Word Format – doc)
We hope this article was helpful in showing you all you need to know about the Nigeria NLNG Limited Prize for Science. Please share this article with friends and loved ones who may be interested.
Leave your comment (s) in the comment box below, and a team member will attend to you as soon as possible.