The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna 74th regular course admission application form for 2022/2023 academic session is out.
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna is calling on suitably qualified candidates to apply for its 74th regular course for 2022/2023 academic session.
Candidates are informed that those who got admitted into the NDA regular course programme will undergo military and academic training as officer cadets. They will be trained as Nigerian military cadets for five years and as Nigerian Navy cadets and Nigerian Airforce cadets for four years.
At the end of a successful training, graduates will earn a degree in a core discipline of their choice majorly BSc, BEng and BA. They will also earn an additional Presidential commission into the armed forces of Nigeria.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 74th regular course admission online application form will be available for sale from Monday 25 October 2022 to Thursday 7 April 2022.
NDA Screening Test/Exam Centre selection would commence from 8.00 AM on 8 April to 13 April 2022. Applicants are to make sure they complete and submit their applications by midnight on 7 April 2022. This is open to both male and female Nigerians.
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening. Only candidates with the current year’s JAMB registration number will be eligible to write the exams.
Only candidates who score a minimum of 180 (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210 (for Faculty of Engineering) in the JAMB 2022 examination shall be offered admission into NDA by the Airforce Selection Board (AFSB).
The NDA 74th Regular Course Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the NDA 74th Regular Course Programme, candidates must possess the requirements below
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure .
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French, Arabic and Mandarin language is an added advantage.
Candidates are to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without their ordinary level (O’Level) results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates who are awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only O’Level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
How to Apply for NDA Admission (74th Regular Course)
Candidates should log on to the application portal http://www.ndaapplications.net/, select “Purchase Access Code” pay for their application via REMITA in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Applicants should note that when applying for admission into NDA , applicants must apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must select NDA as their first choice institution. After which these applicants are expected to participate in the JAMB UTME examination.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS:
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 23 April 2022. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip , TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited to the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA, and the Federal Government of Nigeria will bear the cost of their administration and logistics.
In response to candidates’ requests for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net