This enables students from refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees at Murdoch University with financial support.
- Be residing in Australia.
- Having a Temporary Protection Visa, a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa, or the process of applying for any other type of these protection visas. Being a person seeking asylum.
- Have the intention to enroll and start studying at Murdoch University in Semester 1, 2023;
- Be eligible for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree enrollment at the time of application.
All tuition costs will be paid in full. The following payments will be made for the annual living allowance: $5,000 annually ($2,500 per semester) for the degree duration the successful candidate receives.
The student amenities fee is not required. Additionally, the chosen candidate will get access to a Murdoch laptop.
- Filled-out application
- Please send a copy of your passport or other documentation proving you have applied for a protection visa, SHEV, or TPV.
- A one-page maximum personal statement contains the following information, What past employment and education do you have—whether official (at school or TAFE) or informal (involuntary labour, learning through volunteer organizations)?
- What drives you to pursue this specific course, and how does it connect to your future professional goals?
- What obstacles—financial or otherwise—will this scholarship help you overcome?
- Statement of support from a secondary or tertiary institution or community leader (not a relative). Statements from references that might assist your application
The Murdoch University Asylum Seekers and Refugees Scholarship is a unique opportunity.
Take advantage of this chance to be part of this life-changing opportunity and connect with like-minded individuals from around the globe.
Apply now to make a huge difference and contribute to a better world. Realmina wishes you good luck. Please share this article with your friends.