Are you a Nigerian science and engineering faculty member who dreams of improving your teaching skills and transforming the education system in Nigeria?
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT) program offers an extraordinary opportunity for everyone to experience a semester at MIT.
MIT International Science and Technology Initiative, NNPC Limited and TotalEnergies Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) bring this teaching scholarship to you.
The MIT-ETT program aims to contribute to Nigeria’s socio-economic development by promoting quality education through partnerships with renowned international and local academic institutions.
The Fellowship is an avenue for innovation in engineering education to create impactful transformations in Nigerian tertiary academia.
MIT-ETT will select a group of exceptional young faculty members from fields such as computer sciences and engineering, electrical engineering, chemical and mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering and geophysics from Nigerian universities.
These fellows will spend a semester at MIT, either in Spring 2024 (February-May 2024) or Fall 2024 (September-December 2024).
During their tenure at MIT, the selected faculty members will:
- Watch at least two classes similar to the ones they are currently teaching
- Develop new curriculum materials and teaching approaches for adoption at their home universities
- Attend two weekly MIT-ETT seminars focused on curriculum design and cultural aspects of MIT
The MIT-ETT program will cover essential travel, housing and learning materials for participants. Successful applicants’ home universities must commit to providing paid leave during the MIT program.
To apply to the MIT-ETT program, you must:
- Be interested in creating new curricula and teaching methods and see yourself as an agent of change
- Hold a PhD and be a faculty member at a Nigerian university teaching computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical or petroleum engineering or geophysics
- Have the rank of Lecturer One
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the stated criteria should apply by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below:
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 8:00 PM EST.
- Applications go through a thorough screening process, and the MIT committee compiles a shortlist of the best candidates.
- Interviews will be held in Lagos with MIT faculty and representatives from NNPC Limited and Total Energies during the week of July 17 to July 21, 2023.
- Selected applicants will receive an interview notice in early July 2023
- Only selected applicants will be contacted for a selection interview
- TotalEnergies reserves the right to modify, change, reverse or alter the plan and/or selection process.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enhance your teaching career, enhance your university’s educational offerings and make a lasting impact on the Nigerian academic community. Apply to the MIT-ETT program today!