Are you looking for famous materialistic quotes for your loved ones?
We have gathered the best collection of materialistic quotes, messages, and captions so you can inspire your loved ones to pay more attention to people and relationships other than money and other worldly possessions.
Materialistic quotes are captions that motivate people to give value to people, love, relationships, etc., not money or other physical substances.
There are a lot of worldly people in our society today. They chase after money and material possessions while leaving their loved ones unattended.
If you have such people as loved ones, it is essential you send them one of these materialistic quotes to inspire them to change for good.
50 materialistic quotes for your loved ones
Here are the most popular materialistic quotes for your loved ones.
- “If everyone craved peace instead of another television set, then there would be peace.” — John Lennon
- “Materialism is the only form of distraction from true happiness” —Douglas Horton.
- “Many people hope for things they don’t have but don’t think about whether they really want it.” – Lionel Shriver
- “Like Gandhi, my husband had battled with the issue of materialism. ―Coretta Scott King
- Materialism isn’t the remedy that many people think it is. ―Pernell R
- “When your yearning for things that do not matter is gone, you will be free.” – Morihei Ueshiba
- “Materialism is an identity crisis.” ―Bryant H. McGill
- “Sadly, materialism instead of true love has become a benchmark most people choose to stay iin a relationship with someone.” – Samuel Zulu
- “In an age of consumerism and materialism, I traffic in a blue sky and colored air. ―James Turrell.
- “We live in a materialist world, and materialism appeals powerfully to humanity, no matter where”– Wole Soyinka
- “That feeling of freedom, open highways of possibilities, has kind of been lost to materialism and marketing. ―Sheryl Crow
- Materialism coarsens and petrifies everything, making everything vulgar and every truth false. ―Henri Frederic Amiel
- ” I try to educate people about materialism through my work. I try to show them real visual luxury”. ―Jeff Koons
- “Valor is strength, not of legs and arms, but of heart and soul; it consists not in the worth of our horse or our weapons, but in our own.”
― Michel de Montaigne, Cannibales
- “The real opposition is that between the ego-bound man, whose existence is structured by the principle of having, and the free man, who has overcome his egocentricity.”
― Erich Fromm
- “How pointless life could be, what a foolish business of inventing things to love, just so you could dread losing them.”
― Barbara Kingsolver
- “Every increased possession loads us with new weariness.”
― John Ruskin
- “The modern materialists are not permitted to doubt; they are forbidden to believe.”
― G.K. Chesterton
- “Hold material goods and wealth on a flat palm and not in a clenched fist.”
― Alistair Begg
- “The materialist is sure that history has been simply and solely a chain of causation, just as the [lunatic] is quite sure that he is simply and solely a chicken. Materialists and madmen never have doubts.”
― G.K. Chesterton
- “There are only three integral views of the world: the religious, the materialistic, and the Islamic. They reflect three elemental possibilities (conscience, nature, and man), each of them manifesting itself as Christianity, materialism, and Islam”.―Alija Izetbegovic
- “The ‘Gossip Girl’ idea and ideologies, like, they sort of encourage this certain kind of, like, materialism and superficiality that isn’t, I would say, the best thing in the world”. ―Penn Badgley
- “Matters of the heart are important to me. All this materialism and all the money and wealth are things that you don’t take to the grave. One day you have it. The next day you don’t”. ―Shari Arison
- Contemporary science is based on the philosophy of materialism, which claims that all reality is material or physical. ―Rupert Sheldrake
- ‘Material’ is meant to be a fun, lighthearted song about the tiny bit of materialism that’s in all of us. The message is meant to translate the notion that you don’t need luxury items to feel special; you already are special. ―Yuna
- After 1980, you never heard reference to space again. Surface, the most convincing evidence of the descent into materialism, became the focus of design. Space disappeared. ―Arthur Erickson
- You don’t want to be that parent – the one who dresses his kid in a cloth sack when all the other kids are in Armani cloth sacks – especially in a time like ours, when materialism is not only rampant and ascendant but is fast becoming the only game in town. ―George Saunders
- This great, though disastrous, culture can only change as we begin to stand off and see… the inveterate materialism which has become the model for cultures around the world. ―Arthur Erickson
- In Los Angeles, parenting is a competitive sport. From Beverly Hills baby boutiques to kids’ yoga classes, L.A. fuses high style, industrial-strength materialism, and parental outsourcing into its own unique version of child-rearing. ―Shawn Amos
- I think that the secular work environment, in general, is a place that’s challenging for Christians to thrive in without getting caught up in materialism or in competitiveness or in things that are really not important. ―Scott Derrickson
- Materialism has never been so ominous as now in North America, as management takes over. ―Arthur Erickson
- In L.A., like, there’s a lot of, like, materialism, and, you know, people who think they’re better than each other because of the clothes they wear or how they dress, and in Oakland, it’s not like that. ―Kreayshawn
- More recently, as faith gave way to materialism, anti-Semitism assumed a secular mode, harnessing itself to the dominant ideologies of both the Left and the Right. ―Jack Schwartz
- Ignorance of what real learning is, and a consequent suspicion of it; materialism, and a consequent intellectual laxity, both of these have done destructive work in the colleges. ―Katharine Elizabeth Fullerton Gerould
- Happiness will come from materialism, not from meaning. -Andrei Platonov
- It’s so easy today to get swept up in celebrity fixation and materialism and searching for some validation outside of yourself when we know it’s really found within and through meaningful connections with other people. ―Geoffrey S. Fletcher
- Individually, people are finding that a simpler lifestyle provides greater satisfaction than relentless pursuit of materialism”. ―Laurance Rockefeller
- “One of the saddest things I’ve seen in Amazonian cultures is people who were self-sufficient and happy that now think of themselves as poor and become dissatisfied with their lives. What worries me is outsiders trying to impose their values and materialism on the Piraha”.―Daniel Everett
- My first book, ‘Fast Forward,’ was about growing up in the shadow of Hollywood and how kids are affected by the culture of materialism and the cult of celebrity. I’ve often felt that my work has an audience in the U.K. because it’s everything the British love to hate about the Americans. ―Lauren Greenfield
- A cold atheistical materialism is the tendency of the so-called material philosophy of the present day. ―Adam Sedgwick
- “Money is a great servant but a bad master.”
― Francis Bacon
- “When somebody says it’s not about the money, it’s about the money.”
― H.L. Mencken
- “How good something is should never be determined by its cost, designer, origin, or its perceived value by others.”
― Ashly Lorenzana
- “Are you winning the battle against materialism” — Randy Alcorn
- “When a culture has fallen totally away from spiritual pursuits into materialism, one must begin by demonstrating they are each a soul, not a material animal” ―L. Ron Hubbard
- “The materialism, the brashness, the misogyny – everything in hip-hop is amplified. Misogyny is a good example of something that is completely amplified in hip-hop. I do think there is more than enough of a balance, though, for fans who are willing to search it out” ―Talib Kweli
- “The chief difficulty which prevents men of science from believing in divine as well as in nature Spirits is their materialism.”―Helena Blavatsky
- “You want to buy cars and houses and castles, all of that’s on you and how America has systematized your mind to be into materialism. Hip-hop ain’t got nothing to do with that. I’m glad that anybody making money has picked themselves up – I just want them to give some of it back to the community”. ―Afrika Bambaataa
- “How good something is should not be determined by its cost, design or how it is perceived by others” — Ashly Lorenzana
- “We need leadership that can elevate religion and morality to their position of paramount importance and thus eliminate growing selfishness, immorality, and materialism.” ―George W. Romney
Kindly share these materialistic quotes across various social media channels if you find them useful.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment