In this article, we will be looking at the official list of Nigerian Universities offering Geology and their O’level and JAMB Subject combination for each schools.
Geology is an earth science concerned with the solid Earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the processes by which they change over time. Geology can also refer to studying the solid features of any terrestrial planet or natural satellite such as Mars or the Moon.
Modern geology significantly overlaps all other earth sciences, including hydrology and the atmospheric sciences, and so is treated as one major aspect of integrated earth system science and planetary science.
List Of Universities Offereing Geology In Nigeria.
The following is the official list of Nigerian Universities offering Geology;
- Achievers University Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Bayero University, Kano
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Technology Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Rivers State University, Port Harcourt
- Salem University, Lokoja
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
Waec Subject Combination (Requirements) For Geology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Geology in Nigerian universities.
The required subject combination must include;
- English Language
- Any other trade subject
The above WAEC subject combination applies to other O’level examinations such as NECO and GCE. So now that you know the compulsory O-level requirement to study Geology.
UTME and Direct Requirements and Course Descriptions.
Prepare yourself well so you can score above 200 in JAMB UTME to be on the safe side (Just advice)because anything short of this score may deny you Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic…
Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you have trouble with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, or Predegre
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Geology;
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Geography.
While there are innumerable universities and polytechnics in Nigeria, only a handful have Geology as one of their faculties or department. We hope these would be of help to students who intend to study Geology as their major field of specialization at the undergraduate level of studies.
If you’ve got your heart set on studying Geology in Nigeria, using this list and the information provided should clear things up nicely. Keep checking back with us for more posts on School Lists and related news!