Lead-by-example quotes will improve your view on leadership. The phrase ‘lead by example’ originated from Albert Schweitzer’s famous quote on leadership.
According to the great philosopher, the most important way to lead people is by example.
So if you’re looking at inspiring yourself or people around you on leadership, you should check out these popular ‘lead by example quotes’ outlined in this article.
Best Lead by Example Quotes
Leading by example is one of the best leadership styles, where you model the behaviour you want to see in your followers.
Our collection of the best lead-by-example quotes will motivate you.
- “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing” — Albert Schweitzer.
- “Instruction is good for a child; but example is worth more” — Alexandre Dumas.
- “Business executives need to start by spelling out and communicating their values. Then they need to lead by example.” — Vivek Wadhwa.
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” — John Maxwell.
- “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” — Ralph Nader.
- ” And we lead not by the example of our power, but by the power of our example” — Joe Biden.
- “Don’t just tell your kids to be active and to get outside and play. Lead by example. — Summer Sanders.
- “The best kind of parent you can be is to lead by example.” — Drew Barrymore.
- “What you do speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you are saying” — Ralph Emerson.
- “If you don’t practice you don’t deserve to win.” — Andre Agassi.
- “People imitate their leaders. Lead by example” — Barbara Corcoran
- “Leadership is not a position or a title; it is action and example” — Cory Booker
- “The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example” — John Wooden
- “Make it your business to draw out the best in others by being an example yourself.” — Epictetus.
- “The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people will hear today” — St Francis of Assisi.
- “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” — Mahatma Gandhi.
- “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” — Brian Tracy.
- “Great leaders don’t tell you what to do. They show you how it is done” — Alessandro Berselli.
- “A leader leads by example not by force” — Sun Tzu
- “Leadership is not a position or a title; it’s action and example.” —Cory Booker.
- “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and actions” — Harold Geneen.
- “Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others, as what he does from day to day to lead himself.” — Thomas Watson.
- “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” — Captain Jack Sparrow
- “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position” — Brian Tracy.
- “Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation” — William Arthur.
- “Character in leadership is the most important balance for leadership. Without Character, leaders have no safety. Leadership has no protection without character” — Myles Munroe.
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You are a leader” — John Quincy.
- “As a leader, you are in the spotlight at all times. Make sure you are giving a performance worth repeating.” —
- “Effective Leaders lead by example, with honesty, confidence and compassion, intelligence and humor!” — Sharon Rhea Ford.
Lead By Example Quotes from the Bible
The Bible also encourages leadership by example. Here are some of the popular lead-by-example quotes in the bible.
- Sanctify them by the truth; your word is the truth” — John 17:17
- “Not Lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock” —1 Peter 5:3
- “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ”— 1 Corinthians 11:1.
If you find these lead-by-example quotes helpful, kindly share them across various social media channels.