At the Emergency Meeting at LASU on Monday, February 13, 2023, the Senate reviewed a document submitted by the Vice Chancellor and Senate Chairman during the emergency.
The document focused on the Ministerial Directive to Close All Universities and Inter-University Centers During the General Election in 2023.
During the discussion of the document, the Senate observed:
- The 2023 general elections have been slated for Saturday, February 25, 2023, for the presidency and the national assembly, and Saturday, March 11, 2023, for the governorship and the state assembly, respectively.
- In light of (i) above and the concerns expressed about the security of the institution’s staff, students, and property, the Honorable Minister of Education, Mal. Adamu Adamu has directed that all Universities and Inter-University Centres be closed, and academic activities are suspended between February 22nd and March 14th, 2023.
After careful study, the Senate approved the following:
- The ongoing examination should continue up to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, 23rd February 2023;
- Students should vacate the campus immediately and resume to continue their examinations by 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, 28th February 2023;
- Students should vacate the campus by 6:00 p. m. on Thursday, 9th March 2023, to resume to continue their examination by 8:00 a. m. on Tuesday, 14th March 2023; and
- Staff members are to be on the ground to carry out their duties.
Please share this page with someone, and ensure to keep tabs on us as we continue to update you with more school information.
We at realmina wish you success in your academic pursuits.