This article is designed to help students who wish to study Public Administration Faculty of Social & Management Sciences at Lagos State University.
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered at LASU to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
About Lagos State University
Lagos State University, also known as LASU, was established in 1983 by the enabling Law of Lagos State of Nigeria to advance learning and establish academic excellence.
The university caters to a population of over 35,000 students enrolled full-time. The university also offers courses at Diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate levels. Lagos State University is in Ojo, a town in Lagos State, Nigeria.
LASU is the only state university in the former British colony. Lagos State University offers diploma, degree, and postgraduate programs, including an MBA program.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Public Administration; You require;
Five SSCE credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and two other relevant subjects.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- Accounting requires two other relevant subjects from any of the Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice, and Secretarial duties.
- Public Administration, if requires ‘O’ Level credit to include English Language, Mathematics, Government, Economics, and any one of Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Secretariat Studies.
- Business Administration requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics plus any three of Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Government, and Geography.
- Insurance requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and Economics plus any two of Accounting, Business Method, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
- Marketing requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and Economics plus any three Business Methods, Commerce, Book Keeping, and Economics.
Jamb Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Public Administration under the Faculty of Social & Management Sciences in the above Universities include;
Mathematics, Economics, and any other Social Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Public Administration if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; Two ‘A’ level passes, including Economics.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into LASU for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 160 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of the Lagos State University (LASU). We will update this post if there are any changes by the school authority.
We wish you the best of luck.