Kaduna State University (KASU) is preparing for the 2023/2024 academic session. This esteemed institution has officially commenced the sale of the post-UTME screening form.
KASU Post UTME Eligibility
Before delving into the application process, candidates need to ascertain their eligibility. Here are the key criteria:
Candidates must hold a minimum of five O’level passes This should be achieved in no more than two sittings and include English and Mathematics at credit level.
Prospective students should have participated in the UTME examinations, having chosen KASU as their first choice, and should have an aggregate score of 150 or higher in the relevant subjects.
Course Aggregate Scores
- Agriculture (180)
- Medical fields such as Doctor of Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing & Radiography (200)
- Fields related to construction like Architecture, Building & Quantity Surveying (180)
- Arts and humanities courses such as Arabic Studies, Christian Religious Studies, Drama, English Studies, Hausa, History, Islamic Studies, Linguistics & Theatre Art (150)
- Medicine & Surgery (220)
- Mass Communication (160)
- Computer Science (190)
- Education courses like Education & Arabic, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English Language, Geography, Islamic Studies & Physics (150)
- Management courses like Environmental Management & Estate Management (180),
- Accounting, Business Administration & Public Administration (160)
- Banking & Finance; Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Procurement & Supply Chain Management (150)
- Science courses such as Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Microbiology (180)
- Chemistry, Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics & Statistics (150)
- Social science courses like Criminology & Security Studies; Economics; International Relations & Diplomacy; Political Science & Sociology (160)
It’s crucial that eligible candidates upload their O’ Level Results on the KASU website. For Direct Entry (DE) candidates, they must have the minimum ‘A’ Level points for their chosen programme in addition to the O’ level requirements.
How to Apply for the KASU Post UTME Form
Application Timeline: The registration process will begin on 1st October 2023 and conclude on 28th October 2023.
Initiate the process by visiting KASU’s official application portal. Depending on your eligibility, select the appropriate application type.
STEP 2: Account Creation
Ensure you have your JAMB registration number ready. After checking your eligibility, proceed to create a new account or log in if you’re a returning applicant.
Note: Valid email addresses and phone numbers are crucial for communication.
STEP 3: Payment Procedures
Once your information has been verified and validated, the next step involves payment. Prospective candidates need to pay a fee of N2,000.00 (excluding any potential bank charges). The application portal provides various payment options to facilitate this process.
STEP 4: Document Upload
In this step, candidates must be meticulous:
i. Detail your O-level results, ensuring they span not more than two sittings.
ii. For Direct Entry (DE) applicants, it’s mandatory to provide A-level result specifics.
iii. Ensure the upload of the mentioned results, prioritising the certificates if on hand. Moreover, all additional credentials, such as birth certificates, indigenization certificates, primary school certificates, and UTME examination results, should be uploaded.
iv. It’s also mandatory to upload a passport-sized photograph along with your signature.
STEP 5: Finalising Your Application
With all the required information provided:
i. Agree to the declaration, ensuring that all information rendered is accurate.
ii. Preview your application details thoroughly.
iii. Once satisfied, click the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
- The specifics regarding the date, time, and venue for the post-UTME examination will be communicated via the email address shared during the application process, typically within 24 hours post-registration.
- Applicants are expected to be at the examination venue an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Required documents for the examination include the printed application (comprising the Application slip and Post UTME notification slip), JAMB registration slip, and any valid identification (such as NIN card, voter’s card, driver’s license, or international passport).
- Be aware that no electronic gadgets, including calculators, will be permitted inside the examination premises.
- Lastly, excuses or complaints regarding missed examinations will not be entertained, so ensure you adhere to the schedule.
For any queries, doubts, or issues, KASU’s dedicated support team is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Alternatively, you can also reach out via SMS on 07080942014.
Securing a position at Kaduna State University is a competitive process, but with careful preparation and adherence to the above guidelines, prospective students can navigate the application process with ease.
It’s crucial to act promptly, ensure the accuracy of the information provided, and remain updated on announcements from the University. Best of luck to all aspiring students!