The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has uploaded their recommendations for textbooks to read for Computer Studies ahead of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in order to help students prepare well for their upcoming exams.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Computer Studies
- A Textbook for Year 11 – Computer Studies Bibhya Sharma, Shaveen Singh & Vijay Singh, Publisher: Technology and Employment Skills Training Ministry of Education, Fiji.
- Addan Emmanuel (2013). My Computer for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2, 3 with Practical Training CD. Valueplus Publication Limited.
- Adebisi, A. J. (2013). Fundamentals of Computer Studies, Nigeria: Expert Consults, Available on https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258339295_FUNDAMENTALS_OF_COMPUTE R_STUDIES
- Adedapo F. O. Mitchell A. S. and Agunbiade D. A. (Assessed on August 6, 2021): Online with Computer Senior Secondary 2; rasmedpublications.com
- Brookshear, J. G. (1991). Computer Science: An Overview. Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co. Inc.
- Chiemeke Stella C., Souley Boukari, Olumide B. Longe (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Schools; University Press Plc., upssbookshop.com
- Doyle, S (1995). Computer Studies for You, USA: Nelson Thomas Ltd, 2nd Edition. Available at https://www.amazon.com/GCSC-Computer-Studies-You/dp/0748703810
- Driscoll, T. & Dolden R. (1998). Computer Studies and Information Technology (The Motivate Series), Nigeria: Macmillan Education, Available at https://amazon.com/ComputerStudies-Information-Technology-Motivate/dp/0333598342
- Henderson, P. (1987, February), Modern Introductory Computer Science. In Proceedings of the eighteen SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science education (pp. 183-190).
- HiiT@School (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Education; HiiT
- Ojo D. J. (2018). Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination on Data Processing. Past Questions and Answers (2014 – 2020). Published by TONAD Publishers Limited. (Theory, Objectives and Practical)
- Otuka J. O. E. Akande A. F. and Iginla S. I. (2019): New Computer Studies 1-3; LearnAfrica
- Senior School Certificate Examinations/National Examination Council (SSCE/NECO). Past
- Questions and Answers on Computer Studies (Theory/Objectives).
- Sloan, R. H., & Troy, P. (2008). CS 0.5: a better approach to introductory computer science
- for majors. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, 40(1), 271-275.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment