Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship for African Students in Canada is hosted by Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) to provide funding for individuals residing in African countries to further their knowledge of health technology assessment (HTA).
HTA is the global, non-profit, scientific and professional society for all those who produce, use or encounter HTA.
- Course Level: The scholarships are open to degree level students
- Study Subject: The scholarship is available in HTA or a closely related field
- Nationality: Internationally. Scholarships are also available to students from all African countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
Below are more scholarships like this you might like:
To be eligible to apply for HTAi Scholarship, an individual applicant must:
- Be a current student at an educational institution or employed by a health sector organization in Africa.
- Be registered or accepted for registration in a qualifying educational or fellowship program in HTA or in a closely related field, or have been accepted for an internship with an HTA body, other public sector bodies, or NGO.
- Agree to complete the educational/fellowship/internship program for which the scholarship is sought.
- Agree to attend the HTAi Annual Meeting the June following the completion of the educational/fellowship/internship program to present a short report of the research undertaken and/or the experience gained through the program. Funding support for economy travel and accommodation costs will be provided by the HTAi for participation in this event.
- Attest that he/she intends upon completion of the program to apply to the best of their ability the knowledge and skills gained towards the advancement of HTA in Africa.
- Preference may be given to applicants from low-income African countries (as defined by the World Bank) and to applicants who have a clearly demonstrated employment position, research or other opportunities in the field of HTA in their country of origin or other African countries after program completion.
A total of $20,000.00 CAD is available for the HTAi Scholarship Program each calendar year. Multi-year awards will be considered for exceptional applicants, up to a maximum of $20,000.00 CAD per year for two years.
Recipients who are awarded funding for a single year at a time are welcome to submit a separate application the following year for subsequent scholarship support.
Upon the awarding of the scholarship, the individual recipient will also receive a complimentary 1-year HTAi membership, and be invited to join the HTA in Developing Countries Interest Group.
Applications are to be completed jointly by the individual participant and representative of the organizational sponsor. All application packages are to include the following:
- The HTAi Scholarship application form was completed and signed by both the representative of the organizational sponsor and the individual applicant.
- Letter of support from the organizational sponsor representative on organization letterhead.
- Written confirmation of acceptance/registration of the individual applicant from the institution or organization offering the educational, fellowship or internship program.
- Documentation demonstrating the program costs and other eligible expenses (see below), with original receipts included wherever possible.
Applications Deadline: 31st January, 2022