Applications are now open for the Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship.
Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship for African Students in Canada is hosted by Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi).
The program provides funding for individuals residing in African countries to further their knowledge of Health Technology Assessment.
HTAi is a global, non-profit, scientific, and professional society for all who produce, use or encounter health technology assessment.
About the Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship
- Course LevelThe scholarships are open to degree-level students.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is available in HTA or a related field.
- Nationality: Internationally. Scholarships are also available to students from all African countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Not known.
Eligibility Criteria for the Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Be a current student at an educational institution or employed by a health sector organization in Africa.
- Be registered or accepted for registration in a qualifying educational or fellowship program in HTA or a closely related field, or have been accepted for an internship with an HTA body, other public sector bodies, or NGO.
- Agree to complete the educational/fellowship/internship program for which the scholarship is sought.
- Agree to attend the HTAi Annual Meeting the June following the completion of the educational/fellowship/internship program to present a short report of the research undertaken and/or the experience gained through the program.
- The HTA will provide funding support for economy travel and accommodation costs for participation in this event.
- Attest that he/she intends to apply the knowledge and skills gained towards the advancement of HTA in Africa to the best of their ability upon completion of the program.
- Preference may be given to applicants from low-income African countries (as defined by the World Bank) and applicants with a demonstrated employment position, research, or other opportunities in the field of HTA in their country of origin or other African countries after the program completion.
Financial Benefits of the Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship
20,000 CAD is available for the HTAi Scholarship Program each calendar year. Multi-year awards will be considered for exceptional applicants, up to a maximum of 20,000 CAD per year for two years.
Recipients awarded funding for a single year at a time are welcome to submit a separate application the following year for subsequent scholarship support.
Upon awarding the scholarship, the individual recipient will receive a complimentary 1-year HTAi membership and be invited to join the HTA in Developing Countries Interest Group.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Application procedure for the Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship
Applications are to be completed jointly by the individual participant and representative of the organizational sponsor. All application packages are to include the following:
- The HTAi Scholarship application form was completed and signed by the representative of the organizational sponsor and the individual applicant.
- Letter of support from the organizational sponsor representative on organization letterhead.
- Written confirmation of acceptance/registration of the individual applicant from the institution or organization offering the educational, fellowship or internship program.
- Documentation demonstrating the program costs and other eligible expenses (see below), with original receipts, included wherever possible.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2023.
The Jill Sanders Memorial Scholarship is an opportunity for African students to get funding for quality exposure and education in health technology assessment.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.