The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is now accepting applications from leaders and changemakers worldwide.
The IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event that brings together leaders and changemakers from around the world to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships, and catalyze action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
The IUCN Leaders Forum will be held in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea, from October 13-15, 2023, with the theme “Building nature-positive economies and societies.”
This event will focus on three primary objectives:
- Convene influential and innovative leaders (government, private sector, civil society, sub-national authorities, others) to create alliances and new partnerships, identify innovative solutions, and advance the international policy agenda on this issue;
- Create a space to discuss emerging issues and help shape future market forces on nature and climate-related issues;
- Offer a platform for young changemakers to increase awareness of their actions and connect with potential collaborators from the public and private sectors to develop their projects further.
IUCN Leaders Forum Eligibility
You should apply to be an IUCN Leaders Forum Changemaker if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35.
- Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change, and/or sustainable development.
- We are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to building nature-positive societies and economies.
IUCN Leaders Forum Benefits
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Jeju Province, the Republic of Korea, from 13 – 15 October 2022, including an exclusive opportunity to pitch your project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government, and civil society.
- Hotel accommodation in Jeju from 12 – 16 October 2022.
- Return travel to Jeju Province, Republic of Korea.
- Meals and other expenses are covered for the duration of the stay in Jeju.
How to Apply for IUCN Leaders Forum
IUCN will select IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers from a shortlist created by One Young World. Complete the application form to be considered for One Young World’s shortlist.