This is to inform people that the Indian government, through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), will award up to 900 scholarships to African students in 2023 to study undergraduate, graduate, and higher education in Indian institutions.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2023
Please read the instructions before completing the application form.
- Please take the time to read the payment terms and conditions.
- You may find detailed instructions on applying for ICCR Scholarships online through the A2A Portal on the website and information on the procedures that must be followed.
- No actual copy of the application form is needed at the Mission; instead, students should simply follow the instructions and submit their applications on the same website.
Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following African countries:
- Burkina Faso,
- Central African Republic,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (Republic of)
- Cote d’Ivoire,
- Democratic Republic of Congo,
- Equatorial Guinea,
- Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi),
- South Africa,
- South Sudan (Republic of),
- Sierra Leone,
- Sao Tome & Principe,
Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Number of Scholarships: 900
Value of Scholarship: (the figure is in Indian currency)
- Living stipend (amount) per month,5,000 for undergraduate, 6,000 for postgraduate, 7,000 for M.Phil./Ph.D., and 7,500 for a postdoctoral fellow
- Monthly House Rent Allowance,5,000 in Grade 1 cities and 4,500 in other cities
- Annual Contingent Grant, Five thousand for undergraduate, 7,000 for graduate, 12,500 for M.Tech./ME, and 7,000 for M.Phil./Ph.D. 15,500 for postdoctoral studies, Tuition, and other mandatory fees are charged on an actual basis, minus any refunds.
- Expenses for the thesis and dissertation (once over the course’s duration), D Scholar: 10,000; Project Submission: 7,000; BBA, BCA, MBA, MCA, M.Tech; Other Course Submission: 10,000;
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Students are required to seek medical attention only in medical facilities affiliated with the colleges or universities where they are enrolled or at the closest government hospital (bills are settled as permissible following AMA/CGHS standards).
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of study
- Applicants must carry a valid visa. Students should ensure they obtain the appropriate visa from the Indian High Commission or Embassy. A scholar will be deported to his or her home country if they arrive in India without the required documentation and their acceptance to the university or institute is not confirmed.
- Applicants must have adequate knowledge of English.
- Applicants must have excellent academic records.
The Indian Government (ICCR) Scholarship for Africans is a unique opportunity.
Take advantage of this chance to be part of this life-changing opportunity and connect with like-minded individuals from around the globe.
Apply now to make a huge difference and contribute to a better world.
Realmina wishes you good luck. Please share this article with your friends.