This is to inform the general public that qualified professionals with expertise in insurance, microfinance and development are invited to apply for ILO Social Finance Programme 2022 for French-speaking Young Professionals. These skills are for inclusion in its Fellowship Programme. We are currently welcoming applications from English and French-speaking qualified candidates in West Africa for placements.
About the ILO Social Finance Programme
The ILO’s Social Finance Programme invites applications from qualified French-speaking professionals with expertise in insurance, microfinance or development for inclusion in its Fellowship Programme roster and for a potential placement in West Africa. The project is expected to start in early 2022.
The objective of the programme is to match qualified professionals with organizations working on the frontiers of impact insurance and financial inclusion, bridge skill gaps and create a new generation of professionals with experience serving low-income populations.
Each Fellow will be placed with a host organization for at least a year to support an innovation project. The project could range from the implementation of a risk management product, public-private partnership, digital solution, or distribution partnership.
The project will focus on the following themes:
- Designing integrated risk-management solutions for small enterprises and/or low-income households that bundle insurance with other financial and non-financial services to improve consumers’ ability to manage risk and increase their productivity capabilities
- Enhancing public-private partnerships that help achieve public policy objectives aligned to the UN’s SDGs,
especially those related to decent work, food security, climate change and universal health coverage
Scholarship Type: Fellowship
Eligible Countries: in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of ILO Social Finance Programme: The ILO’s Social Finance Programme works with the financial sector to enable it to contribute to the ILO’s Decent Work Agenda. In this context, we engage with banks, microfinance institutions, credit unions, insurers, investors and others to test new financial products, approaches and processes.
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
Eligibility for ILO Social Finance Programme
The ideal candidates for a fellowship should:
- have relevant expertise to contribute to activities related to insurance, financial inclusion and/or public private
- be proficient in English and French (written and verbal);
- be proactive and ready to document learning experiences during the fellowship;
- be interested in working in developing countries on development issues;
- be seriously committed to providing inclusive financial and insurance services and practising in the field on an
ongoing basis after the assignment;
- be resourceful and capable of arranging practical necessities related to travel, life and work in a new
- be ready to work in a developing country for the duration of the fellowship.
Insurance, financial inclusion or development professionals who are keen to apply their skills to promote social justice in emerging markets and who have worked in a technical capacity for at least five years may participate. Candidates with the requisite skills and experience will be included in the roster and considered for the aforementioned fellowship opportunity.
Successful candidates would also have:
- considerable self-initiative to be a proactive learner and to drive agreed upon activities forward
- the ability to achieve objectives and solve problems independently
- a willingness to challenge existing methods and explore a fresh approach to issues
- strong social skills and collaborative spirit
- the ability to work effectively and efficiently with staff at all levels of the relevant organization(s)
- a willingness to learn from all of those in the host environment
- a nurturing attitude that enables the fellow to pass on his/her technical expertise to the staff of the host organization.
How to Apply for ILO Social Finance Programme
To apply, complete the application form available here. Email the completed application form along with a curriculum vitae and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2021 23:59 CEST. Please include “Fellowship application” as the subject line of the email. Only submissions that include all three documents will be considered as complete.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 20th January 2022 (at 23:59 CEST)