This article is designed to help students who wish to study Computer Science in Ibadan Polytechnic (IBADANPOLY)
The Polytechnic, Ibadan is an institution of higher learning in Ibadan in Oyo State, Nigeria. Founded in 1970, Poly Ibadan is similar to other polytechnics in Nigeria. The institution was established to provide an alternative higher education to universities, particularly in technical skill acquisition.
In this post, we will talk about the
-The subject combinations needed to study Computer Science
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements
– Direct Entry Requirements
Also see: List Of Courses Offered In IBADANPOLY
To study Computer Science , candidates must meet the following requirements.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Computer Science;
You require; Mathematics,
a basic science and
three other subjects chosen from the following: Economics,
A credit passes in English Language and Physics are compulsory
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Computer Science under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Mathematics and any two of
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Computer Science, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; 1) ADAMAWA-POLY, IMTE and ABIA-POLY accept a pass in Physics.
2) YABATECH and RIVCAS require five credits to include Physics, English Language, Mathematics, plus any two of Statistics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics and Biology. YABATECH requires the credits at not more than two sittings.
3) RIVPOLY and AG-POLY require a credit in English.
4) NUBA-POLY does not accept Geography and Economics as UTME subjects.
5) LASPOTECH requires at least a pass in Physics, credits in Mathematics and a social science subject.
6) IBADAN-POLY does not accept Geography as UTME subject. Does not accept Government, History and Food & Nutrition as course requirements
7) YABATECH requires Physics and Mathematics as UTME subject.
8) KAD-POLY – requires credits in Mathematics and a social science, the two other subjects should include Physics/a basic science and at least a pass in Eng. Lang. Food & Nutrition is not acceptable.
9) EKITI-POLY requires a pass in English Language and four credits in Mathematics, Physics and two subjects from the social Sciences and one from the Science.
10) LAGOSCITY-POLY accepts credit in Chemistry in lieu of credit in Physics.
11) BAUCHI-POLY, EKITI-POLY offer the course as Computer Studies.
12) OFFA-POLY requires credits in Chemistry and one of Basic Elect/Elect., Additional Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
13) OSPOLY does not accept History and Food and Nutrition as Course requirements.
14) EDE-POLY accepts candidates TC Grade II Certificate, Federal Craft Certificate, City and Guides, Intermediate) with credit in Mathematics, Physics, Biology/Agric. Sci. and pass in Woodwork, Metal work, Technical Drawing or Arts will be an advantage or other qualification acceptable to the Polytechnic.
15) IGBAJO-POLY accepts five Credit passes in Eng. Lang, Chemistry, Physics and any other two subjects from the following: Mathematics, Bio/Agric, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Economics at not more than two sittings.
16) NEKEDE-POLY and FIDEIPLOY require credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subjects from Statistics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics/Commerce, Biology/Agric. Science, government/History, Technical Drawing, Information Communication Technology.
17) KWARA-POLY requires a Credit pass in Physics and does not accept Government/History and Typewriting as Course requirements. Accepts Credit passes in Food & Nutrition in lieu of Agricultural Science/ Biology as Course requirement.
18) FEDPO-NAM accepts candidates TC Grade II Certificate, Federal Craft Certificate, City and Guides, Intermediate) with credit in English Language and Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects from Physics, Biology/Agric. Sci. and Chemistry, Pass in Woodwork, Metal work, Technical Drawing or Arts will be an advantage or other qualification acceptable to the Polytechnic.
19) RUGIPO either credit pass in English Language or pass in Chemistry is accepted or vice versa.
20) EDE-POLY expects the two other subjects from the following: Chemistry, Economics and Geography.
21) FCAPT–KANO accepts Four credit passes in an NBTE recognized Preliminary National Diploma (at credit level) course offered in a Polytechnic or similar post-secondary technical institution. The credit passes must include Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any other subject
22) RIVPOLY accepts Mathematics, Physics and any one of Further Mathematics, Economics or Chemistry as UTME subjects.
23) BAUCHI-POLY does not accept Geography, and Physics, Mathematics as Core subjects.
24) NOGAK accepts a pass in English Language and credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and any two from Social Sciences.
25) IMO-POLY: Requires five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, A basic science and any two other subjects from the following: Economics, statistics, geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agric Science, and Typewriting. At least a pass in physics is compulsory.
26) FCFJOS requires Five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two of Chemistry, Biology, Geography, and Economics as course requirement.
27) MAPOLY requires four credits passes in one sitting or five credits in not more than two sittings to include credit in Mathematics and English Language, Physics/Basic Electricity/Electronics and any other subject(s) from the following: Chemistry/Biology/Agric. Science/Food & Nutrition, Computer Studies/Data Processing, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Further Mathematics.
28) FCWM– requires Passes in English Language and Physics are compulsory. Credit passes in Mathematics and three other subjects chosen from the following – Economics, Geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, English Language, Typewriting.
29) FCLRTO requires credit pass in Mathematics and Physics and pass in any other Science subjects.
30) OYSCAI requires five O’ level credit passes to include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other one from Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Geography, Economics and Type-writing.
31) AISCAS requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry/Biology and any other two subjects from Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry and a pass in English Language.
1) KAD-POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and any two from Social or Physical Sciences.
2) FCAHPTIB requires Mathematics and any two from Geography, Biology/Agricultural Science, Economics or Chemistry.
3) FCFJOS accepts either of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, Biology or Geography
For any candidate to be admitted in any Department in the University of Lagos, the Candidate must score 150 and above in JAMB.
The Departmental cut-off mark for Computer Science is 184.