The senate of Ignatus Ajuru University of Education expelled six students on Thursday June 4, 2020 to serve as a restraint to other students.
This Six students were involved in Cult related offences and other crimes,.
1. Success Humphrey Chigomeru of the Department of Political Science for forceful initiation of a student into the Vikings fraternity.
2. Wobodia Favour Nnenda of the Department of Physics and Njoku Evans of the Department of Economics were also expelled from the university for impersonation during their examinations.
3.Ijeokwu Louis Emmanuel of the Department of Computer Science was also expelled by Senate for cult attack which led to a student sustaining gunshot wounds.
4. Wiche ThankGod Chinemerem of the Department of Political Science
5. Emesiobi Justice of the Department of Social Studies for duping unsuspecting postgraduate students of their school fees.
6. Ijeokwu Louis Emmanuel of the Department of Computer Science was also expelled by Senate for cult attack which led to a student sustaining gunshot wounds.
Meanwhile Eke Chinonso of the Department of lPhysics and Assor Sampson of the Department of Social Studies are to be given serious warning to desist from associating with bad friends while Martins Alikor and Salem Oba Iyalla both of the Department of English Studies and Communication Art who were suspended have been recalled back to the university.
The decisions were taken by Senate after the presentation of Report by the Students Ethics and Disciplinary Committee to members of Senate who deliberated on the issues raised.
Senate upheld the decision for all operators of business centres around the ICT centre to be sent away. Only duly registered business operators would henceforth be permitted to operate at the campus.
Students are also advised to stop patronizing them and to use the ICT centre for all their legitimate business transactions.
Staff of the postgraduate school are warned to desist from referring students to these business centres for payment of fees.