Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE) notices prospective candidates on verification of O’level results upload, admission monitoring, and other information for the 2023/2024 academic session admission exercise.
This is to inform all 2023/2024 UTME/DE candidates of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education that JAMB has automated the admission process so that candidates who have not uploaded their O/level results cannot be offered admission.
It has also been observed that some candidates who got their O’level result before the period of JAMB registration did not upload them during registration; either they did not submit them to the JAMB CBT centre that registered them or the CBT centres did not do quality registration of the candidate’s data.
Verify Your O-level Upload
Therefore, candidates are advised to:
1. Log in to their JAMB profile (https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/)
2. Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
3. Click on ‘Access my CAPS.’
4. Click on ‘My O’level result to confirm if your O’level is uploaded. If not, visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT centre or Ignatius Ajuru University of Education ICT centre to upload your O’level result. Admission cannot be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS indicates ‘Awaiting Result.’
Know When You Have Been Offered Admission
Following the above instructions, click on Admission Status to monitor your admission.
This will enable you to know when you have been recommended for admission or admission approved by JAMB.
Suppose you are recommended for admission, and JAMB approves the admission. In that case, you can go ahead and accept your admission, print your admission letter, and follow other directives from the University for clearance.
Details for clearance will be released on the university website and other communication channels of the university.
Approval of the Transfer Programme
In line with the CAPS implementation policy, the university will consider some students for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Therefore, following instructions 1-3 above, candidates are also expected to monitor their admission further by clicking the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another programme.
You are required to either accept or reject this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you to the new programme.
If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Programme. The programme transfer will not be affected.
Candidates With Awaiting Result
UTME candidates with O/level awaiting results should upload their results on the JAMB portal and university portal, respectively, as soon as such results are available.
Direct Entry candidates, including JUPEB students, should also upload their A’level and O’level results to avoid disqualification. This is to enable the screening officers in the university to determine their qualifications for admission.
- Visit: http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/login with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard.
- After you have logged in, click on Check admission status.
- Input your JAMB registration number and click on Access My CAPS.
- You will be redirected to a new page; click on admission status
- Confirm if you have been recommended, offered admission, or not.
Note: If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check Admission Status on CAPS; most phone users may only see the welcome message.
The caps page only shows welcome because it requires you to view the complete page in desktop mode.
This is why the Chrome browser is recommended if you use a phone. All you need to do is go to the Chrome option and choose Request desktop site for the complete page to display.
K. H. Kue-Ikoro (Mrs.)
We urge you, however, to keep tabs on us for more updates on IAUE.
We hope this information has proved helpful. Share this article with your friends and follow us for more updates on schools in Nigeria.