Applications for Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People 2023/2024 are currently open. The Hungarian Deputy State Secretariat offers scholarships for bachelor, master and one-tier master programmes.
The Deputy State Secretariat is for the Aid of Persecuted Christians through the Hungary Helps Program.
About the Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People
The Government of Hungary established the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People (SCYP) in 2017. The State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and Hungary Helps Programme are in charge of running the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People.
The primary goal of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to give young Christians who live in countries experiencing crises or who face persecution at home the opportunity to study in Hungary.
After completing their studies, the recipients of the scholarships will return to their home countries to aid in rehabilitating nations devastated by war, improve social conditions, and maintain Christian communities’ traditions.
Duration: Offered annually
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
The scholarship is announced for the citizens of the following countries: The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Egypt, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, the Republic of Iraq, the State of Israel, Palestine, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Lebanese Republic, the Republic of Kenya, Syrian Arab Republic, & Nigeria.
To be taken at (country): Hungary
Type: Bachelor, Masters
Number of Awards: Not specified
The Hungary Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is founded on a partnership between churches and Hungary’s Ministry of Human Capacities, which pursues humanitarian endeavours in crisis areas.
- The applicants might not be citizens of Hungary.
- Local churches must confirm and provide evidence that the applicant is a member of their religious group. Scholarships are only given to applications that have both the endorsement of the local Church and the blessing of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship recipients must have the academic credentials and language certifications required by the host university of the desired degree programme.
- The scholarship recipients agree that, if local political and security circumstances permit it, they will return to their home countries when the scholarship arrangement has expired.
- Young applicants who will be older than 18 when their education begins are eligible for scholarships.
- A person is only eligible to obtain the scholarship once for each level of study.
Applications are considered formally eligible if all criteria are met:
- The candidate is qualified to apply for the scholarship programme;
- The candidate has applied to a scholarship category and study programme made available by the Scholarship Programme;
- The applicant met all deadlines for submitting applications and supporting documentation, except for those noted in section 3.3
- The candidate has demonstrated that he or she is a competent language user, and such abilities meet the expectations of the host institution.
Candidates that submit a qualified and legally sound application can move on to the institutional admission exams. Each applicant may take up to two institutional admission exams depending on the completed application form.
Value of Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People
- Education without tuition fees – exclusion from paying fees
- Bachelor, master, and one-tier master students would receive a monthly stipend of HUF 119 000 (about EUR 380) from contributing towards living expenses in Hungary for a whole academic year up until the end of their studies.
- Dormitory space or a HUF 40.000 contribution towards housing expenses for the entirety of the scholarship time.
- Travel expense reimbursement: HUF 200 000 ($645 approximately) each year
- Health care services in accordance with applicable Hungarian law (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card), as well as supplemental medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (about EUR 205) per person per year.
How to Apply for Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People
The applicants must submit all required documentation and fill out and save the online application form in English.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2023
A scholarship programme called the Hungary Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People supports Christian students from poor nations who wish to pursue higher education in Hungary.
The government of Hungary supports the programme, which includes housing, tuition, and a monthly stipend.
Students who are devoted to their Christian faith and prepared to aid in advancing their home nations after completing their studies are eligible to apply.